The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 03:37 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fly Box Frustrations, anyone have them?

Oh if only Abel made a fly box

I have found I like the new Simms boxes for my midges, nice and light and holds small flies well
Foam Fly Box - Accessories - SHOP

For everything else i just use a smattering of whatever boxes Ive accumulated over the years.
jsquires likes this.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:42 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Prefer Wheatly Boxes but make the mistake of seeing some that catch my eye and purchasing without ever bothering to think if they will fit in my vest properly! So I end up with a bunch of boxes that stay at home for storage or have to be carried in a bag. Saltwater I like the big monster box for the boat and the cheap plastic ones for the beach in my wader pocket.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-10-2013, 03:52 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
Oh, I don't know. Maybe Wheatley. Or maybe DeWitt. I dunno. Depends on the day, I guess (boy, have I gotten a log of mileage out of this pic or what?)
Click the image to open in full size.
Gary
I liked to fell out of my chair when you wrote about the mileage from this pic, as I was just thinking the same thing. Without a doubt this is the most recycled pic on the forum and it still goes over well.

Dave
Old 02-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
Oh if only Abel made a fly box

I have found I like the new Simms boxes for my midges, nice and light and holds small flies well
Foam Fly Box - Accessories - SHOP

For everything else i just use a smattering of whatever boxes Ive accumulated over the years.

Abel Fly Box

Its took me until now to Buy the Nippers (ordered Today)
Old 02-10-2013, 04:09 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

And Dave, just think, if anybody ever starts a thread about space heaters for their cave, I can use this one yet again!!!
Gary
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:18 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
Oh, I don't know. Maybe Wheatley. Or maybe DeWitt. I dunno. Depends on the day, I guess (boy, have I gotten a log of mileage out of this pic or what?)
Gary
I sure hope I don't see this in the Hoarders TV show
I am slowly moving to the clear boxes so that I can see what is inside without having to open or label the boxes.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

gary, every time i see that immense mound o' boxes i chuckle a bit...legendary
the other day my wife was givin me you know what for being a gear junkie. so i said "come here and check this out, this is what you have to look forward to."

casey
mcnerney and rubberguy like this.

ARFE
Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

I use a number of different boxes...

I like these for Midges and small BWO's/Baetis:

Anglers Image-Catalog-Page 23

REC/Wheatley Boxes

Richard Wheatley : REC Components - Catalog

Meiho

Meiho Fly Boxes

C&F Design

C&F Fly Box - Fly Fishing Boxes - C&F Design

Myran

Angler Sport Group

DeWitt

DeWitt 1026A 18 Compartment Fly Box

...most of which are seen here:

Members Fly Boxes

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
Old 02-10-2013, 04:51 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

here are a few of mine

a bit of everything

casey

ARFE
Old 02-10-2013, 04:56 PM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about

I just have a thing for Altoids cans... some craft foam and glue and i have a 3$ fly box that makes my breath smell good for the ladies. For me theyre just the right size. I've found that bigger boxes are inconvenient when I fish, i end up putting things in them i wont ever use etc. one altoids box for nymphs and midges, one for surface bugs, and another for some streamers or misc things. Thats all I need
mcnerney, wt bash, osok and 2 others like this.