The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By fly_guy12955
  • 2 Post By yonder
  • 1 Post By shimloom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default A horror story

The day was foreboding,,dark,,grey.I had to go forth on a small trip that took me by one of our trout streams,,,so I took the fly rod with me. After I'd performed my social duties I stopped on my return by one 'hole' that had a small falls empty into it. I had an uneasiness about me that I could not explain. The trees seemed to be watching,,as if in expectation of some strange happening. The water appeared to be desperately struggling to hide some dark secret that I had no business to tamper with. Pushing the feeling of impending disaster aside, I made my first cast.

On the second roll cast a huge brown took my copper john and the fight was on.
He 'looked' and 'felt' to be about a 6lb'er maybe,,nice one. Just as I felt I was going to win the battle tragedy struck,,,he was gone. Like an apparition that was never there,,he had vanished. I had my fly,,the tippet held, but no brown. Just gone below the mist. (eerie haunted music playing)

I do not understand,,,how one's fly rod becomes demonically possessed,,,I do not even have an Oujui board stored in my closet. I do not let my rods keep company with with evil spinning or casting rods. None have every cast live bait.

I'm having Father Stephen do the Roman Rites of Exorcism over my St Croix 4wt tomorrow. My heart can not stand losing anymore trout this size. I dare to fear that I shall see this trout return to me in the night. The darkness has come to destroy me. I am afraid, very afraid.

That being said, I'm gonna be drifting a nymph by his old nose at daybreak in the morning ! It was late in the evening when I left all mopey and heartbroken lol,,, but I'm sure I was the last fisherman to cast in this spot.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:25 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A horror story

I see the problem.........you attending to your social duties before you went fishing.........this tends to upset the trout gods........and usually leads to unexplainable rod tip breakages........I recommend that you break all of your evil casting and spinning rods......as a showing of good faith!!!
Kerry Pitt and osok like this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

fun read, uh, I mean that's a scary story

Please keep us informed as you travel down the road of excercising your demons and figure out a way to bring that snickering spirit fish to the net...

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Wait wait wait.....I heard it was a dark and stormy night.....
Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 PM

thonyb will become famous soon enough

Bummer. Great story. Now that trout is going to haunt your dreams........lol
Old 02-11-2013, 05:07 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

Perhaps you should sell me your other rods for cheap as a sacrifice to the trout spirits!
Craig
yonder likes this.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Banned

rayzor will become famous soon enoughrayzor will become famous soon enough

then came Scarey Mary
Old 02-11-2013, 09:20 PM

dillon has a spectacular aura aboutdillon has a spectacular aura about

Nice story...
Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Ah could have been worse ! You could have fallen in lost your car keys and had to hitch home. And the guy who picks you up finally looks at your wet bedraggled body and says your on my time now!!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser