The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light
Default uses for old neoprene waders?

I've got a pair of 5mm neoprenes that have developed pinhole leaks in the seams. I've lost some weight, so even if they could be repaired, they would be ill-fitting. I plan to get new ones.

Any thoughts on what to do with them?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uses for old neoprene waders?

Have a look at Recycled Waders and see if anything they've got on there interests you. You could send them in and have them make you a few things I'm sure.

http://www.recycledwaders.com/pages/...ducts_main.asp
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Aquaseal the seams and use them for duck hunting?
long bow likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I've used the 'socks" for under under my float tube fins and I made some knee pads that often come in handy around the house and garden.
Kerry Pitt and double dry like this.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:22 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, guys. keep 'em coming!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 AM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Beer cozies
jsquires likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:04 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this - a self-containment device, and strike indicator in a pinch. Can't vouch for the results when it comes time to evacuate the contents...:

Click the image to open in full size.

Kelly.
sandfly, mcnerney and Guest1 like this.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:09 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

This place is making laptop cases out of old wetsuits. Should be the same thing.

http://www.uncommongoods.com/product...ptop-sleeve-13
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 AM

1move has a spectacular aura about1move has a spectacular aura about

Use them for a Halloween decoration or costume? Or do gardening in them, mow the lawn etc.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Giant mouse pad that fits the whole front of the desk, so you can kick back watch TV and BS on the forum in max comfort.

Reel cases if you have a sewing machine that will sew through it. I have one that will and I will turn my old waders into stuff like that when they die.