The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Smile I'm Back From The Cabin...............

Hello Everyone

It's been since Christmas since I decided to take a trip to our cabin out at Hewitt Lake and I've missed a bunch of discussions for sure here. I arrived back in Willow last night at 9:00 PM after a long rough trip home on the frozen rivers. The high waters of fall resulted in much broken ice on all of the rivers and this in turn produced ridges, shelves, and huge burgs of ice worse than the normal. When combined with the warm weather that precipitated my trip home the ride of some 77 miles was all hard surface, all the way. By the time I reached the Upper Yentna River valley the temperature had dipped to 9 degrees and all that soft snow formed up well. I'll get myself together over the next few days and then do some writing about the past couple months and the experiences I had out there.

I was ready to come home almost 2 weeks ago because I had exhausted my supply of building materials ie: I could do no more interior work. The weather however did not cooperate and there were no mail planes arriving at Skwentna for the past 10 days. I needed to wait for a plane so I could have Boss flown into Anchorage which would free me up to leave. Yesterday the skies cleared and a plane came in at 2:00 PM and off he went During those 10 days while we waited for transport the area where the cabin is located received almost 34 inches of snow atop of the 3 feet on the ground prior to that. I am happy to be home and the luxury of electric lights and running water are greatly appreciated by this traveler for sure.

Right before I left I did pick up a new 13' 7 weight Hardy Marksman rod for the spring trout season and I'll have to get a photo up on the Rod Love thread soon I guess. It's been a long time friends and I'm glad to be able to send out this post to the group.

I will be reading PM's and threads in an effort to catch up for quite some time but will begin posting soon also.

Ard
imxer, fysh, Pocono and 17 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm Back From The Cabin...............

Ard: Welcome home and glad your safe and sound, I'm sure being back home feels mighty fine!

I was giving you a bit of a hard time on your post on the Palmering Hackle thread as I didn't see this thread letting everyone know you made it back safe and sound!

Larry
Hardyreels likes this.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Larry,

I always try to plug Allan's work on the tie along thread and the folding seemed to fit the thread. It's good to be at the key board again, I'll PM soon.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-12-2013, 01:54 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

Welcome back Ard.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:55 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

Welcome back Ard!
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Hey ArdDan and Larry gave us some news while you were at the cabin and it's great to see you back with usWe were really missing you
Don't type too hard on the keyboard the forum has been a little "fragile" for a whileLooking forward to seeing pics of the job you did.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see you back Ard! You were missed ! But I have to say the guys did a good job picking up the slack in your absence ! Looking foward to your story!
Hardyreels likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ard!

Welcome back to the forum! I've missed your contributions here but hope you had a great time while away at your cabin. Larry and Dan have done a great job keeping us informed of the work you were doing and your proof of life

I hope you had turned off notifications while you were gone or had the ability to at least keep up with them. Otherwise, you've got a lot of reading and cleaning of your email to do!

Good to see you posting again!

jaybo
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM

popperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to beholdpopperfly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Welcome back Ard,

Looking forward to reading about all the work you did on the cabin and your travels, hope you can include some pictures?
Hardyreels likes this.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 02-12-2013, 03:53 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Happy to hear you are back Ard.

Do you understand a little more about how Dick Proenneke felt now?

Paul
Noiso likes this.

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY