The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 03:13 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly
Default Middle Tennessee CFR

As most of you might of read Mcnerney (A.K.A. Larry) post about “Casting For Recovery” (CFR), Middle Tennessee is holding their CFR retreat May 3-5, 2013 in Normandy TN. http://castingforrecovery.org/wordpr...r-tennessee-2/

CFR is a healing retreat for cancer survivors, The ladies are invited to go fly fishing one weekend to get away from stresses due to medical treatment, home, or workplace also they get to experience something new and challenging while enjoying beautiful surroundings. Great program!!

I thought I would put it out there if any board member is interested in donating some flies for the CFR retreat the ladies would be ecstatic to receive them, each lady will receive a fly box with donated flies from all over the country. You can send me a PM if interested and I will forward my address for your fly donation, I will make sure the Middle TN. CFR organizer get them in time for their retreat.

Just let me know

Thanks
Keven

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Last edited by popperfly; 02-14-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle Tennessee CFR

Keven: Count me in, I will send you some flies to donate to the Tennessee CFR program. I'll also throw in some pink flies for the gals hats, they should get a kick out of that!

Larry
popperfly likes this.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Keven: I forgot to ask what type of flies will work in the TN area? I've never fished there, could you give me some generic ideas?

Old 02-15-2013, 05:05 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Keven: I forgot to ask what type of flies will work in the TN area? I've never fished there, could you give me some generic ideas?
Larry,

Any of the following:

Nymphs
Midges
Scuds
Sow Bugs
Soft Hackles
Etc.....

I will put together a detail list this weekend by names.

Thanks again for supporting CFR

Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 PM

Larry,

Update on types of flies the CFR gals will be fishing with during this year’s CFR outing in May.

1. Flymph - in tan, brown or black.
2. Buggers - in Olive, black and combination of two colors.
3. Crackleback.
4. Soft hackle wet flies - in tan and black.
5. Stremph.
6. Buster Brown wet fly.
7. Mohair Leach.
8. Guacamole Stick Bug.
9. Pine Squirrel Cheater - in brown, tan & olive.

Anything similar will work also.

Let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks
Keven

Old 02-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Kevin: Thanks, I'll get started. The pink foam and thread finally came in so I'm also going to tie up some pink hoppers (more of a novelty thing for the CFR gals).

Anyone else that wants to tie up a few flies for the Tennessee CFR program please feel free to jump in!

Larry

Old 02-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Keven: Do you happen to know how many gals participate in a TN CFR Retreat? The WY CFR program had 14 participants last year. I'm tying up some pink hoppers for both the WY and TN programs and want to make sure I have enough for each gal. I'm thinking 16 should cover it for each program, but don't want to be short, so far I have 21 completed.
Here is how they are turning out:
Click the image to open in full size.
popperfly and williamhj like this.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Keven: Do you happen to know how many gals participate in a TN CFR Retreat? The WY CFR program had 14 participants last year. I'm tying up some pink hoppers for both the WY and TN programs and want to make sure I have enough for each gal. I'm thinking 16 should cover it for each program, but don't want to be short, so far I have 21 completed.
Here is how they are turning out:
Larry, I was told there would be 14 gals for this years CFR outing.

Keven

Old 02-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Keven: Thanks, I will send 16 pink hoppers just to be on the safe side!
popperfly likes this.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 AM

ditz will become famous soon enoughditz will become famous soon enough

So is this coldwater or warmwater fishing? The fly selection seems to be coldwater.