The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 07:04 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please read this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
No worries Nick,

Through the years we have seen what seemed like a simple matter of dissatisfaction with a product or seller turn into an almost obsessed and continual bashing of same. My intention in the above post was to nip things in the bud.

Last year I experienced an unbelievable mix up with a tackle manufacturer that resulted in months of confusion and sent me off on a trip in May of 2012 without an essential piece of gear. The mix up (for lack of a better description) began on February 26 and had not yet been resolved by mid May!

What I did not do was post about it at all. I did discuss via PM's the problem with a couple members but refrained from publicizing my issue. The end result; the company made things right and provided me with $440.00 worth of bonus / free, equipment for my having been so patient with them.

I also ended up with a good relationship with the director of customer services with this Montana based company and I expect one day this person will come here to go fishing with me. As I said it took a little over 3 months to clear up the deal but I stayed with it and through tempered diplomacy I ended up better than when I had began.

I have had a number of the most well known tackle manufactures in America & the UK make good on all sorts of problems I've had over the years with products. What I did on every occasion was to cover every protocol as I worked my way to settling the issues. I doubt very much that had I taken the position of town crier and did my best to gain satisfaction by defaming the people in question that I would have been successful.

This post is not directed at anyone in particular but is simply a brief overview of my own experiences.

Ard
And mine. The few 'odd off's' over 70 years (well, buying gear, lets make that 60) I can only think of one time where I didn't end up as a "Happy Camper."

Fly lines? I've had a few that were 'Say Whats,' read that a manufacturing error. I'll use RIO as an example. Simple phone call to Simon and 'SEND THAT TO ME, I'VE ....' Replacement line was in the mail to me within a couple of days. They didn't wait for my package, they just sent me a new line.

End game of all this is you make 10,000 lines per year (of what-ever stripe or colour) 'some' have to be clinkers. They (ruff guess here only) were replaced within days. Did it 'inconvenience' me? A bit, but if your life is so short cut that a few days of 'inconvenience' brings you to your knees, you have a problem, a real problem.

And it isn't a bit of fishing tackle.

Just my .02

fae
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:20 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gorge Fly Shop

I've bought gear off a list of US Fly Shops & Private Sellers as Long as my Arm,Including Brett Dennis From Sunriver & Gorge .
I've had good service off them all,it's unfortunate some of The Guys haven't been looked after so well as one sent a Line which was The wrong one & the gave it to me for 1/2 price then discounted The Original Line I wanted as well as paying The Shipping Costs.
Brian.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
A guy followed me around the whole time to make sure that I didn't steal anything
That's about the time I would have started messing with him. Point up and yell, "Look! It's Haley's Comet!" and when he looks back at you yank your hand out of your pants and start whistleing. Stroll casually around and make as many suspicious moves as you can.

Can't do that if you are in a hurry because cops may become involved. Which at that point you can really make him look like a jerk.

The closest shop I have to here is about 4 1/2 or 5 hours away, depending on how much coffee I drink. The Great Lakes Fly Company in Duluth, MN. John Fehnel owns it. Great guy, great shop. Last time I was there I dropped a hundred bucks and spent three hours BSing with him.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:42 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I wouldn't follow Rip around ? He looks a little fishy!!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser