The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 PM

kylebass91 has a spectacular aura aboutkylebass91 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Favorite stream-side lunches/recipes

Being in the military I get the "Lite" MRE's for lunch most of the time, They're 7 bucks and not TERRIBLE, some are better than the food over here in the sandbox. That and my flask of some Crown and I'm set for the day.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:56 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylebass91 View Post
Being in the military I get the "Lite" MRE's for lunch most of the time, They're 7 bucks and not TERRIBLE, some are better than the food over here in the sandbox. That and my flask of some Crown and I'm set for the day.

Kyle, are you currently stationed in the Middle East? Been thinking about buying a few mre's to carry with me, do you have any recommendations for the better tasting ones?

Dave
Old 02-24-2013, 07:18 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Unless I'm fishing with a group of people that like to stop for lunch, I eat a can of vienna sausage and keep on fishing. I'm on a mission to catch fish and stopping to eat interferes with that.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:12 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Kyle, are you currently stationed in the Middle East? Been thinking about buying a few mre's to carry with me, do you have any recommendations for the better tasting ones?

Dave
Dave, a fun read here: MREInfo.com - MREInfo Entree Reviews
Old 02-24-2013, 12:29 PM

cw76 has a spectacular aura aboutcw76 has a spectacular aura about

2 bags of trail mix(without dried bananas please) and two bags m&m's dumped into ziploc bag. Water.
mcnerney and caseywise like this.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:55 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

yeah cody, trail mix is one of my favs too.

i like to make my own-
smoked almonds
dark choc chips
sunflower seeds
dried mango
sundried tomatoes

a zip bag of this goes a long way

casey
mcnerney likes this.

ARFE
Old 02-24-2013, 12:56 PM

attila will become famous soon enough

A goods subway sandwich is fine for me. But a shore lunch of fresh fish would be awesome.