The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By fyshstykr
  • 1 Post By matt153265
  • 1 Post By watson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Another stream restoration video.

Since many folks seemed pleased with the video in the 'Another Dam Victory' thread I decided to post another video about a section of The Grande Ronde River being relocated back to it's original path. The "Ronde" is a river I would like to fish this Summer.

This video is a bit longer than the other(35 minutes) so grab a cup of coffee or a beer and enjoy. Give it a couple minutes to get to the really good stuff.
williamhj, noreaster and yonder like this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-20-2013, 10:03 PM

matt153265 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another stream restoration video.

Nice! Shamefully our thoughts often concern the bottom line in dollar signs and productivity in numbers, instead of how Nature would prefer.

She is beautiful and well managed when left to her own devices.

Now we need even consider how to help her stabilize and regain balance.

Oftentimes that is best done by respecting her.
fysh likes this.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:02 PM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Another stream restoration video.

Nice video John
That was great to see the process, time laps and the finished project it was also neat to hear people as they recognize today's practices are yesterdays best possibilities.

It makes me think that when we begin to think like an ecosystem we can see how transitions and incremental changes like this, don't only help the environment, social and economic aspects but it also promotes sustainability and a better quality of life.

Thanks for the post!
Cheers,
Watson
fysh likes this.