The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 10:55 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hardy featherweight question

Thanks Trout. That's what roughly a year's worth of the addiction has done to me so be prepared The St. John is a wonderful reel, overlooked and underrated in my opinion. Sounds like yours has some great sentimental value to go along with the minty condition!

Ard,

That's one heckuva fish there buddy! A great photo as well! It's no wonder you are so attached and speak so highly of your Far & Fine and Featherweight setup. Landing a fish like that with lighter tackle setup takes some big time skills
troutnut4 likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:26 PM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja501 View Post
Looking to upgrade my flystart on my 3wt Redington. Ive considered the Hardy featherweight but just not sure if I will like the click check. I appreciate the input.

If it were me...

I would say to heck with the Hardy and go with an Abel Creek series reel, better than the Hardy in every way "in my opinion" and made in the USA.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:42 PM

ja501 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the input and suggestions.

JA

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You donít have to eat the ball to have a good time.
~ Anonymous
Old 02-25-2013, 06:40 PM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwb View Post
If it were me...

I would say to heck with the Hardy and go with an Abel Creek series reel, better than the Hardy in every way "in my opinion" and made in the USA.
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. IMHO both produce quality reels.