The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 12:57 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Someone is Retiring Today..............

Congratulations, J-P. That is indeed quite a legacy. 40 years! That is amazing to me as I've been pondering that number with my 40th birthday rapidly approaching.

You should be proud of yourself. Enjoy your "free" time!
jpbfly likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:01 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

JP will soon find out that 'Retirement' and 'free time' is a total 'ill us can.' Once you 'discover' Vollie time, you will never work longer hours in your life!

jpbfly likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:21 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

JP

Congratulations upon you well deserved retirement. As has been said before I think you will find that "retirement is highly under rated".

Paul
jpbfly likes this.

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY
Old 02-22-2013, 03:32 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxer View Post
..........."retirement is highly under rated".

Paul
I'm glad to hear that, because I, for one, already rate retirement very highly!

I'm a little concerned though that with J-P now on the loose on the streams in his area, there may suddenly be a dramatic reduction in the number of available fish in Southwestern France!

.............let's hope that there aren't any spillover effects on our side of the pond!

Allan
imxer and jpbfly like this.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

Congratulations JP and wish you a very happy day. As for me the adjustment into retirement was a lot different than I thought, I figured my time would be my own, my wife soon let me know that it was time for me to give more of my time for her, the house, cooking more, more laundry, time for the pets, I could go on and on but you’ll see, congrat’s.

I hope you quit smoking!

All the best, Rick
jpbfly likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:36 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

Jean-Paul. Les felictations sur votre retraite. Le melleur de lusk a vous et votre femme.

Craig
jpbfly likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:44 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
As for me the adjustment into retirement was a lot different than I thought, I figured my time would be my own, my wife soon let me know that it was time for me to give more of my time for her, the house, cooking more, more laundry, time for the pets, I could go on and on but you’ll see, congrat’s.

All the best, Rick

...................I think I've seen this movie........................; but I try hard not to watch the re-runs...................

Allan
jpbfly, oarfish and littledavid123 like this.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:20 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Allan for Advising us.

Hi JP.
Best Wishes in your retirement,I know down The track you & your Wife will enjoy Retirement as It takes a bit of getting used to.
Just to add I hope you had a Better Seat Than The Standard Ones Shown in The Pic as it usually takes a while to get The Flatness out of The Back & The Rear End from sitting on them for any length of time.

As we would say over Here "Cheers Old Mate All The Best"
Brian.
jpbfly likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations JP! I knew you could outlast them!
jpbfly likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:51 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope being retired will open many new and wondrous doors for you Jean-Paul. Looking forward to meeting you someday.

Dave
jpbfly likes this.