The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 07:22 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Someone is Retiring Today..............

One of our forum members from across the pond; a devout fly fisher, Most Popular guy, fly tyer and the the originator of the One Word thread, among others, gave his final English lesson at 11:30AM European time today and crossed the street from his home to the school across the way where he teaches (tough commute!) for the final time in the beautiful town of Montagnac, France where he lives.

Yup, J-P is now a free man!

.......and, no doubt, headed into some celebratory fly fishing tomorrow!

I've been fortunate to fish twice with J-P on his home waters in the Languedoc and Massif Central areas in France. He's a great fly fisher; I can vouch for that. He can see fish where I can only see water and his catch rate is; well, probably in some parts of the US, it would be considered downright illegal!

He and his wife, Tatiana, are wonderful hosts and if he ever comes to the US; and there are a lot of us who hope he does......and soon, I'll be more than happy to return the favors.

So, please join me in wishing Jean-Paul the very best in his retirement; filled with good health and happiness and lots of fish!

Allan
imxer, Guest1, Liphookedau and 3 others like this.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 AM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all
Default Re: Someone is Retiring Today..............

J-P, it is with great pleasure that I congratulate you on your retirement and all the best to you and your wife for the future. From the intro by Pocono, it sounds like you have plenty of things to keep you busy. TIGHT LINES.
jpbfly and fredaevans like this.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:05 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Jean-Paul! Judging from your posts and the pictures you've shared, I imagine you'll be quite a busy guy now.
jpbfly likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

JP: Congrats on finally making it to retirement! No more unruly students to put up with! Yahoo! I hope you have a great retirement and the fishing is always good!
jpbfly likes this.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:48 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Someone is Retiring Today..............

JP, congratulations on your retirement! Here's to many more good days on the stream and enjoying yourself in all that you do. Good health and tight lines.
jpbfly likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Allan....it’s over....started teaching in september 1973....had about 5000 pupils…Today at break all my colleagues were in the teachers’ room with cakes and drinks …got some presents too a new fishingcap covered with messages…a purchase voucher to use in a ….flyhop.Pupils didn’t forget me with chocolates,biscuits and touching messagesAt midday I went back home with a twinge of sorrow in my heart, had a sandwich and as the weather was fine thought it would be a good idea to go fishing!!!That’s what I did!
Thanks a lot to my forum friends…I was lucky to join four years ago and be a part of this great family
Click the image to open in full size.
imxer, fysh, Pocono and 7 others like this.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:07 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your retirement! 5000 pupils is quite the legacy. Here's to 5000 trout!
mcnerney and jpbfly like this.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I knew the time was near but it has been a long time since I have spoken with him, shame on me. It appears that he would now have time to come to Alaska to help me build on at the cabin When the snow melts I have to put up a new out building and a wood storage shed JP, when I'm done the skirting needs to be put on the main building so there are plenty of projects. I can supply all food, bug repellent, and fishing if you can make it

Enjoy your retirement,

Ard
Pocono, mcnerney and jpbfly like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I knew the time was near but it has been a long time since I have spoken with him, shame on me. It appears that he would now have time to come to Alaska to help me build on at the cabin When the snow melts I have to put up a new out building and a wood storage shed JP, when I'm done the skirting needs to be put on the main building so there are plenty of projects. I can supply all food, bug repellent, and fishing if you can make it

Enjoy your retirement,

Ard
I'm not bad at odd jobs Ard...I would help with pleasure if I could...you said fishing...hope I can plan something with Allan and Larryand make a little"detour" ....to visit my Alaskan friend
Pocono and mcnerney like this.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:49 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations JP on your retirement! Although you won't be going to school you still have all of us as students and now you can teach us more about the fishing in your little piece of the world! Enjoy and fish often!
mcnerney and jpbfly like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser