The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 09:01 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whose pets love their feathers and fur?

BTW, I could use a couple of neon green rabbit hides!
noreaster likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a seriously spoild Golden Retriever. She leaves my stuff alone. Shes spoiled but she's good.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

This is the main material eater, he's getting better but if I'm gone too long he'll find a way to get into something of mine out of pure resentment!

Kota
noreaster likes this.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I have a seriously spoild Golden Retriever. She leaves my stuff alone. Shes spoiled but she's good.
Dan you and I could be best friends hahaha I lost my Golden a few years ago to a bad liver. Best dogs in the world. Ugh I miss that dog now
Guest1 and jaybo41 like this.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
Dan you and I could be best friends hahaha I lost my Golden a few years ago to a bad liver. Best dogs in the world. Ugh I miss that dog now
I know what you mean. I lost one 4 years ago that was the smartest dog I have ever seen by a lot. I have relatives I am going to miss less than that dog. Mine had cancer. It was his third bout with it. He had surgery that got rid of the first two, but the third one was a tumor that we didn't catch till it was to late. Died on the operating table trying to save him. Still not over it.

He was almost my last dog because he was so smart. I was afraid I would think they were all idiots after him. I'm glad I got this on though.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Lost my buddy Jug just a couple months ago to seizures that the vet couldn't figure out.. He was a big fan of this stuff. I lost a grizzly bugger back and a red buck tail to his curiosity.

jaybo41 and noreaster like this.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I know what you mean. I lost one 4 years ago that was the smartest dog I have ever seen by a lot. I have relatives I am going to miss less than that dog. Mine had cancer. It was his third bout with it. He had surgery that got rid of the first two, but the third one was a tumor that we didn't catch till it was to late. Died on the operating table trying to save him. Still not over it.

He was almost my last dog because he was so smart. I was afraid I would think they were all idiots after him. I'm glad I got this on though.
Yeah I have looked at dogs, but just cant find one like her. I actually got her from a lady that stole it from her brother because he was beating her. When I first got her she was covered in mud and skinny. After I cleaned her and brushed her it became our thing. She loved being brushed and you could tell it made her feel special and happy. She is definitely not replaceable.
jaybo41, comeonavs and noreaster like this.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Banned

Yah, they are not replaceable. This one is completely different than my last dog Speedy was. He was not aware that he was a dog and felt it was horribly unfair to treat him like he was one. He's the only big dog I ever saw that hated getting dirty. He didn't roll on stinky stuff, absolutely hated mud. Any muddy tracks on my floor were mine. He was fun just to watch because you see his brain working all the time. He invented games, understood everything you said to him. He was the Einstein of dogs.

This one is an actual dog. She will roll in any stinky thing she finds unless she eats it. She understands a lot of what I say, but most of it probably works like the adults in the Charlie Brown cartoons, "Whaa whaaa wa wa wah." Don't get me wrong. She's not stupid, she just isn't a genius like Speedy was and I didn't expect her to be. She's a great dog. I spoil the snot out of her. 64 pounds of lap dog.
mudbug, jaybo41 and noreaster like this.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:45 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
64 pounds of lap dog.

Mine was closer to 70 pounds and this was his favorite place to sleep.

This picture is from when he was younger and only about 35 or 40 pounds, but he still loved jumping up and sleeping here till the day he passed.

leithel and noreaster like this.

Last edited by mudbug; 02-24-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Banned

Mine lays on her back. Butt on my knees and her head on my left shoulder with all four feet in the air. Generall puts her right front foot on the back of my head for some reason. I guess she thinks most of me is lap.