The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice
Default Re: Is it Ethical to Clear Deadfalls Over Holes?

There are definitely some VERY strict laws covering anywhere that holds water. This made it a pain when clearing the right of ways down south. The ones that made it difficult had more to do with the buffer zone which is anything within 50 feet of the water. This particular law didn't include deadfall, but knowing how strict the regs are, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a law against it.

It all comes down to being a judgement call in the end, if you don't think it will affect anything in a negative way, there is probably nothing to worry about. Now, if pulling it down will damage live branches of what ever it is hung up on, the arborist in me would vote to leave it alone. Wounds in trees may seem like no big deal but it highly increases their risk of disease.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:22 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrivertroutbum View Post
A hippie is all that on top of being a left wing extremist.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that, even though I am a south paw I see good points on the left and right. The problem is the modern media only reports on what the extremists from both parties say. I think most of the old school hippies and beatnicks were mostly old school conservatives (going by the actual meaning of a real conservative). That being said I'm A-political, a politician is a politician they serve themselves and the highest bidder.
fysh likes this.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:47 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

So you're a hippy, with a Y. :-p
wt bash likes this.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:52 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Hahaha! Yeah I think you got it!
woodrivertroutbum likes this.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

Observations/ notes to myself:

rockriver and I would've never gotten along in college-- I almost always cheated on exams when I needed to.

Just as a gas-- I may travel to Utah, break into Fyshstycker's house just to reaarange his furniture.

fae never ceases to amaze with his depth of experience (In most of life, not just fishing.)

Dan does not like granola, jackassery, or environmentalists. Also, doesn't view rubber ducks as suitable flotation device.

Don't ever hire diamond rush for any photoshop work.

Rip Tide has his own personal water to fish-- new best friend? I think so.

mattneeds has a great sense of humor

Bash is a filthy hippie-- I've always wondered where the smell was coming from when NAFFF opens in my browser.

Finally, A suggestion--

diamond rush- go break the thing in half, and move the half that you break off. That way we can all rest knowing that you never did the exact opposite of what we think you should've done.
diamond rush likes this.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:52 PM

tyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to alltyler185 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Virtually all of that was BS, but let me ask you this. How does giving a perch for birds to watch for fry over a nice clear pool help? Have you ever seen a Kingfisher at work?
I am just curious what you think is BS? I will give you the fact that a kingfisher could still fish THAT spot but its a fact that woody debris is preferable habitat for trout.
wt bash and oarfish like this.

- Tyler