The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Allen Prices (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/311873-allen-prices.html)

nick k 02-25-2013 08:02 AM

Allen Prices

So I've been in the market for a new fly box and most of them are WAY overpriced. Took a look at Allen company the other day and their prices blow my mind. If any of you guys are buying fly boxes, hooks, beads, or tying scissors, you should seriously check out their websites. The prices for hooks are generally about $2.50 for 25, and fly boxes that would be $30 at most stores are $12 at Allen.

To top it all off, most of the items on the site are free shipping and you can buy discounted store credit. Here are the deals for buying credit:

Pay $15 for $25 credit
Pay $35 for $50 credit
Pay $50 for $70 credit
Pay $75 for $100 credit

Seriously well done Allen. The prices there are what these things should actually cost, not the 1000% markup most places charge.

ditz 02-25-2013 08:47 AM

Re: Allen Prices

I use some of thier hooks and they work just fine for me. I just wish they had some ring eyed hooks in thier selection. I also have one of thier fly boxes and I see no problem with it. I don't own any $30 to 80 boxes either so I can't compare them ( and I don't really care to either ). I am a fisherman, not an angler.

bmbailes 02-25-2013 09:46 AM

allen is an awesome company! not only do they have great reels and accessories but they have the BEST customer service of any company i have ever seen! it really says alot when the president/owner of the company calls you to insure your order is correct!

mcnerney 02-25-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmbailes (Post 530730)
allen is an awesome company! not only do they have great reels and accessories but they have the BEST customer service of any company i have ever seen! it really says alot when the president/owner of the company calls you to insure your order is correct!

+1 for what Bmbailes said!

oarfish 02-25-2013 01:13 PM

Had the pleasure of meeting Evan Burck this past weekend at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show, talk about a passion for fly fishing he has it, we talked about how bad there old fly lines were and there news oneís which are now made by Rio. I played with some rods and reels and got a look at there new rods which are not on the market as yet, crush proof guides on a hand made rod, Iím still wondering why I didnít pull the trigger on one.

Rick

vanceinak 02-25-2013 02:31 PM

their customer service is indeed outstanding!
The prices on their hooks when you buy 100 (4 packs of 25) or more is about $1.73 per pack with free shipping, & the quality is there.
They have my business!!!!!

roofish 02-26-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanceinak (Post 530838)
their customer service is indeed outstanding!
The prices on their hooks when you buy 100 (4 packs of 25) or more is about $1.73 per pack with free shipping, & the quality is there.
They have my business!!!!!

Yeah I bought beads & hooks & got mine for like $1.76 & those guys treat you right too :)

shimloom 02-26-2013 03:44 PM

Thanks for the post. Needed an extra box for dries and bought one from them.

Craig

nick k 02-26-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shimloom (Post 531236)
Thanks for the post. Needed an extra box for dries and bought one from them.

Craig

Damn cheap right? Can't beat it.

caseywise 02-26-2013 04:30 PM

heres a link to there newest deal of the week-
ATS Series 4wt Combo Package - Allen Fly Fishing Store

casey