The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Allen Prices

So I've been in the market for a new fly box and most of them are WAY overpriced. Took a look at Allen company the other day and their prices blow my mind. If any of you guys are buying fly boxes, hooks, beads, or tying scissors, you should seriously check out their websites. The prices for hooks are generally about $2.50 for 25, and fly boxes that would be $30 at most stores are $12 at Allen.

To top it all off, most of the items on the site are free shipping and you can buy discounted store credit. Here are the deals for buying credit:

Pay $15 for $25 credit
Pay $35 for $50 credit
Pay $50 for $70 credit
Pay $75 for $100 credit

Seriously well done Allen. The prices there are what these things should actually cost, not the 1000% markup most places charge.
imxer and mcnerney like this.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 AM

ditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really nice
Default Re: Allen Prices

I use some of thier hooks and they work just fine for me. I just wish they had some ring eyed hooks in thier selection. I also have one of thier fly boxes and I see no problem with it. I don't own any $30 to 80 boxes either so I can't compare them ( and I don't really care to either ). I am a fisherman, not an angler.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 AM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

allen is an awesome company! not only do they have great reels and accessories but they have the BEST customer service of any company i have ever seen! it really says alot when the president/owner of the company calls you to insure your order is correct!
mcnerney and nick k like this.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbailes View Post
allen is an awesome company! not only do they have great reels and accessories but they have the BEST customer service of any company i have ever seen! it really says alot when the president/owner of the company calls you to insure your order is correct!
+1 for what Bmbailes said!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:13 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

Had the pleasure of meeting Evan Burck this past weekend at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show, talk about a passion for fly fishing he has it, we talked about how bad there old fly lines were and there news oneís which are now made by Rio. I played with some rods and reels and got a look at there new rods which are not on the market as yet, crush proof guides on a hand made rod, Iím still wondering why I didnít pull the trigger on one.

Rick
Old 02-25-2013, 02:31 PM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road

their customer service is indeed outstanding!
The prices on their hooks when you buy 100 (4 packs of 25) or more is about $1.73 per pack with free shipping, & the quality is there.
They have my business!!!!!
shimloom likes this.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Old 02-26-2013, 12:21 AM

roofish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanceinak View Post
their customer service is indeed outstanding!
The prices on their hooks when you buy 100 (4 packs of 25) or more is about $1.73 per pack with free shipping, & the quality is there.
They have my business!!!!!
Yeah I bought beads & hooks & got mine for like $1.76 & those guys treat you right too
Old 02-26-2013, 03:44 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the post. Needed an extra box for dries and bought one from them.

Craig
Old 02-26-2013, 03:49 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimloom View Post
Thanks for the post. Needed an extra box for dries and bought one from them.

Craig
Damn cheap right? Can't beat it.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:30 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

heres a link to there newest deal of the week-
ATS Series 4wt Combo Package - Allen Fly Fishing Store

casey

ARFE