The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 10:29 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick Survey

I've used the double magnet kind on my Jeep for years. Two basic choices out there (that I know of): Magnet based and suction cups. With the Mag ones you need an all steel hood and roof. If either is Alum, what-ever, you're stuck with the suction cup type.

Jeep is solid steel and the double mag kind grip is excellent. The other thing is how fast can you drive? Even with spey rods you can go 70 mph if you wanted. Reason for this is the angle of the rods is so 'shallow' there's almost zero wind resistance. Only place you really need to pay attention is coming up behind a "18 wheeler.' Those things push around a lot of air and that will really wiggle the rod tips around. Hold back or step on the gas and get by him.

Fred
jk 8 likes this.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:25 PM

jk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nice

A big thank you to everyone who took this survey, really helps nail down what I should be working on next. I'll leave the survey open for anyone else kind enough to take it, the more responses the better, but the response I got to this was great.

Thank you all a lot,

Joe
Old 03-05-2013, 06:33 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

done....good luck
Old 03-05-2013, 06:33 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I filled out the survery, but drive a convertible now. In fact, I had the top down this afternoon, and drove from a stream to a lake with my 9' 5wt sticking out. I meant to get a picture of that.... Next time!