The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Lancaster Fly Show (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/312048-lancaster-fly-show.html)

mrfzx 02-27-2013 09:38 AM

Lancaster Fly Show

If anybody is planning to attend the Lancaster Fly Show, in Lancaster, PA, stop by the "4 Points" Booth and say hello. I'll be the shorter, fatter, younger guy!

dpreller 02-27-2013 10:31 AM

Re: Lancaster Fly Show

im headed up saturdayim like a kid waiting for christmas its been a long winter.

mrfzx 02-28-2013 08:34 AM

We were at the Somerset Show, which turned out pretty good for us. I hope the Lancaster show is even better. I actually prefer the venue in Lancaster better: There is a lot more to do after the show!

theboz 02-28-2013 08:41 AM

Buy your tickets online in advance save $5 on the film festival.

s fontinalis 02-28-2013 09:55 AM

think i'm going over there on saturday morning.

sandfly 02-28-2013 10:21 AM

wish it was closer, 4 1/2 hours one way !

mrfzx 02-28-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandfly (Post 531777)
wish it was closer, 4 1/2 hours one way !

Holy mackeral! I thought I could drive border to border diagonally in 5hrs!

nyyankees 02-28-2013 11:22 PM

Lancaster Fly Show

Great show. I went year. It was great to see Lefty casting. Have to miss it this year but wold encourage anyone in the as to go.

theboz 03-02-2013 10:05 PM

Went to the show today and it was a good one. Got to meet mrfzx(Homer) and his 16wt. Great guy! Spent some time with Lefty and as usual had us all amazed and laughing! Someone asked him to autograph a book on casting and he looked at the cover and didn't think he should sign it because the guy on the cover didn't have a tight loop! Went to Bob Clousers and Bob Popovics seminars........EXCELLENT!Gave Enrico Puglisi a little dig because hes from L.I.like myself and instead of telling me to take a hike he gave me a 1 on 1 lesson on how to use his tarantula brush to make an awesome crab fly! Mike Schmidt tied a fly that for all the world looked like a Rapala minnow!Told me he came up with it while he was sitting there! Incredible! Oh and swirlchaser(Marco) Bob Clouser said he will autograph your bump next year!All and all it was a terrific show and glad I could squeeze it in!

attila 03-03-2013 04:55 PM

I was there today and got to see Joe Humphreys and Bob Clouser and a looked at some of the vendors new toys :)