The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 10:38 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Lancaster Fly Show

If anybody is planning to attend the Lancaster Fly Show, in Lancaster, PA, stop by the "4 Points" Booth and say hello. I'll be the shorter, fatter, younger guy!

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:31 AM

dpreller is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lancaster Fly Show

im headed up saturdayim like a kid waiting for christmas its been a long winter.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:34 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold

We were at the Somerset Show, which turned out pretty good for us. I hope the Lancaster show is even better. I actually prefer the venue in Lancaster better: There is a lot more to do after the show!

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Buy your tickets online in advance save $5 on the film festival.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Last edited by theboz; 02-28-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:55 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

think i'm going over there on saturday morning.

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-28-2013, 11:21 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

wish it was closer, 4 1/2 hours one way !
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
wish it was closer, 4 1/2 hours one way !
Holy mackeral! I thought I could drive border to border diagonally in 5hrs!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:22 AM

nyyankees is on a distinguished road
Default Lancaster Fly Show

Great show. I went year. It was great to see Lefty casting. Have to miss it this year but wold encourage anyone in the as to go.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:05 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the show today and it was a good one. Got to meet mrfzx(Homer) and his 16wt. Great guy! Spent some time with Lefty and as usual had us all amazed and laughing! Someone asked him to autograph a book on casting and he looked at the cover and didn't think he should sign it because the guy on the cover didn't have a tight loop! Went to Bob Clousers and Bob Popovics seminars........EXCELLENT!Gave Enrico Puglisi a little dig because hes from L.I.like myself and instead of telling me to take a hike he gave me a 1 on 1 lesson on how to use his tarantula brush to make an awesome crab fly! Mike Schmidt tied a fly that for all the world looked like a Rapala minnow!Told me he came up with it while he was sitting there! Incredible! Oh and swirlchaser(Marco) Bob Clouser said he will autograph your bump next year!All and all it was a terrific show and glad I could squeeze it in!
mrfzx likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 PM

attila will become famous soon enough

I was there today and got to see Joe Humphreys and Bob Clouser and a looked at some of the vendors new toys