The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   What could you possible add? ;>) (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/312240-what-could-you-possible-add.html)

fredaevans 03-01-2013 04:41 AM

What could you possible add? ;>)

B.C. Comic Strip

jcw355 03-01-2013 05:29 AM

Re: What could you possible add? ;>)

My brother in law has told me how he fell asleep out deer hunting and how he woke up to shoot a deer that would be right there. That comic reminded me of his story. I'm sure that comic actually happens with some.

osok 03-01-2013 09:16 AM

I will not admit that I can relate.:rolleyes: But not anymore!

Flyfisher for men 03-01-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcw355 (Post 532086)
My brother in law has told me how he fell asleep out deer hunting and how he woke up to shoot a deer that would be right there.

Dozed of more than once waiting on deer myself. Never woke to shoot one, though.

Did have a bird whiz by my ear and land on my rifle once as I was sitting there. Scared the daylights out me.

mrfzx 03-04-2013 10:09 AM

When I was 19, I was hunting with my father and brother. It was my turn to post while they made a swing around me to move deer. It was so cozy there under that hemlock , I fell asleep. I awoke to my dad kicking the sole of my boot. They asked me how I could sit there with the bear that close. I never saw any bear. They showed me the tracks in the snow, and I about filled my pants right there. Later, this was before the age of digital cameras and phone- cams, my brother got his film developed. The picture showed the bear all of 6 or 7 feet from me looking right at me. I asked him to dig out the photo, so I could scan it and post it here, but that was amost 30 years ago, and he is having trouble locating it.

pa dave 03-04-2013 10:22 AM

A tip for newcomers to the thread...the link updates each day and you need to click on "Prev" a few times to get back to the March 1st comic.

fredaevans 03-04-2013 10:30 AM

Good call Dave, I'd forgotten that.
Fred

cincyspey 03-05-2013 09:12 PM

Haha this is funny

fredaevans 03-05-2013 11:43 PM

Seriously, do a Google for "The Dogs of C Kennel" and 'BC' and 'RSS' (day's feed). Folks who draw these comics are exceptional.

My old dog 'Husky,' aka "Kenny" there, has passed on, and Sandy the Yellow Lab is flaked out on top of 'our bed.' Save for the names (in one case the breed) totally "Birds of a Feather."
:worthy:

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Today's is Pure Husky. Getting to take a bath was a 'Say What????'

Had to 'trick' him into getting wet. Bathing suit and walk into the Rogue River and grab him and roll around. Eyes the size of dinner plates ....

HOW COULD YOU!!???

:stretcher

kglissmeyer1 09-18-2013 05:28 PM

Check this one out for all of you that fish ;)

Sunday September 15, 2013 - B.C. Comic Strip

Kelly.