The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 05:41 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Talking What could you possible add? ;>)

B.C. Comic Strip
rubberguy and half fast like this.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:29 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice
Default Re: What could you possible add? ;>)

My brother in law has told me how he fell asleep out deer hunting and how he woke up to shoot a deer that would be right there. That comic reminded me of his story. I'm sure that comic actually happens with some.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 AM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough

I will not admit that I can relate. But not anymore!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM

Flyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
My brother in law has told me how he fell asleep out deer hunting and how he woke up to shoot a deer that would be right there.
Dozed of more than once waiting on deer myself. Never woke to shoot one, though.

Did have a bird whiz by my ear and land on my rifle once as I was sitting there. Scared the daylights out me.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold

When I was 19, I was hunting with my father and brother. It was my turn to post while they made a swing around me to move deer. It was so cozy there under that hemlock , I fell asleep. I awoke to my dad kicking the sole of my boot. They asked me how I could sit there with the bear that close. I never saw any bear. They showed me the tracks in the snow, and I about filled my pants right there. Later, this was before the age of digital cameras and phone- cams, my brother got his film developed. The picture showed the bear all of 6 or 7 feet from me looking right at me. I asked him to dig out the photo, so I could scan it and post it here, but that was amost 30 years ago, and he is having trouble locating it.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:22 AM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

A tip for newcomers to the thread...the link updates each day and you need to click on "Prev" a few times to get back to the March 1st comic.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: What could you possible add? ;>)

Good call Dave, I'd forgotten that.
Fred
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 PM

cincyspey is on a distinguished road

Haha this is funny
Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 AM

Seriously, do a Google for "The Dogs of C Kennel" and 'BC' and 'RSS' (day's feed). Folks who draw these comics are exceptional.

My old dog 'Husky,' aka "Kenny" there, has passed on, and Sandy the Yellow Lab is flaked out on top of 'our bed.' Save for the names (in one case the breed) totally "Birds of a Feather."

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Today's is Pure Husky. Getting to take a bath was a 'Say What????'

Had to 'trick' him into getting wet. Bathing suit and walk into the Rogue River and grab him and roll around. Eyes the size of dinner plates ....

HOW COULD YOU!!???

Old 09-18-2013, 05:28 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Check this one out for all of you that fish

Sunday September 15, 2013 - B.C. Comic Strip

Kelly.