The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 09:32 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flyfishing adventures--a shameless boast

Well if I was headed out on a boat (even a float tube), I'd avoid comparison with him. There might be some sizable large-mouth in some of those Kansas ponds.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:50 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Go with a Fish Cat 4 tube, or some form of the fish cat (such as the Fat Cat). I personally have the Fish Cat 4 and couldn't be happier. Its an excellent tube and you will definitely be hooked when you try out tubing.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:12 PM

drc has a spectacular aura aboutdrc has a spectacular aura about

I have actually fished for trout in a city lake in the town of garnett kansas on the way back from a deer hunt last fall. of course you wouldn't be able to fish for them in the summer but its worth a try.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

There is fish in Kansas? Learn something new everyday hahahaha

I am not sure what area you are from, but if you ever need a couch to crash on in Overland Park area mine is open for free, I have a killer TV and sound system, but other than that my place is pretty boring since I refuse to waste money on "artwork" lol

But the offer is out there if you ever need it.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
I am not sure what area you are from, but if you ever need a couch to crash on in Overland Park area mine is open for free, I have a killer TV and sound system, but other than that my place is pretty boring since I refuse to waste money on "artwork" lol
You are a pretty nice guy there Stuie. You should do what I do for art work. Cover the walls in fish pictures.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:30 PM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Mine right now is covered in motorcycle fairings and gear hahaha, my friends make fun of me because I just now actually bought blinds, but I am a man of simple things, just all those simple things are expensive haha
Guest1 likes this.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:30 AM

wtl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher for men View Post
Here's the overall goal--fish every county in my home state of Kansas (at least the ones that have public water). I've been sort of working on it--I'm a priest and get sent out to different places for ministry. I work in fishing as I can.

As my thread on float tubes indicates, I'm thinking of buying one. A float tube opens up all kinds of little lakes and ponds.

I'm also in graduate school (History, Kansas State) and need to do some research this summer. I perfected a good scheme last summer--find a campground near an archives, research in the day, fish the evenings. I'm thinking of hitting some local archives on one trip. A day or two researching in each place and a chance to explore some new waters in each location. (Not to mention being able to put the gas, food, and camp fees on the education budget rather than my own!)
I'm planning on studying for the bar in a similar way - I want to work it so this summer I have only two distractions, study and fishing during low light. My plan is to get in the truck and head west, do a lot of camping, come in to small public libraries midday to get on the net, and hit locations like silver creek, the gunnison, green, probably ending up somewhere near the deschutes and then flying back to take the exam.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
You are a pretty nice guy there Stuie. You should do what I do for art work. Cover the walls in fish pictures.
Or just throw up some simple shelves and put all your fishing gear on them. I decorated my work cubicle with all my flies this winter. Stuck them all in the cloth walling material. I also took two of my mounted fish and hung them in the cubicle as well.