The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 AM

crohnie31 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Buying flies on a budget...

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their input and offers to tie flies for me! I even had someone offer some of their extra flies they had lying around which is unbelievably nice, especially for someone he doesn't even know. That really made my month because things have been particularly tough lately.

Thanks so much for helping someone in need!! I will certainly do the same and pay it forward when I'm able to some day.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by crohnie31 View Post
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their input and offers to tie flies for me! I even had someone offer some of their extra flies they had lying around which is unbelievably nice, especially for someone he doesn't even know. That really made my month because things have been particularly tough lately.

Thanks so much for helping someone in need!! I will certainly do the same and pay it forward when I'm able to some day.
To me the fact you say thanks is typically enough, these guys are great people, do not feel like you are in debt to someone.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:01 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Hey crohnie31,

If you check out the "Personal Classifieds," you'll see that I'm offering the "Triple D Collection"- 3 dozen+ flies --packed into a new 10-compartment fly box for $25 shipped First-Class with delivery confirmation. If you need them more quickly, there is an option of USPS Priority Mail delivery for $30. And, I can work with you on setting up your selection for the areas in which you'll be fishing.

If you're interested, shoot me your e-mail address and I'll fire off some photos for your consideration... Jerry, aka hairwing530

Oh, and since it will be a birthday present, I'll toss in a few additional flies, some that are personal favorites of mine...
This really sounds like a heck of a deal...from a guy who could tell you a thing or two about tough breaks.
You might want to go to the N/E section of the site and ask the guys in Maine what patterns you'll want for when you'll be there. They may still be ice fishing up there!
If you decide to start tying, PM me, and I'll send you some fur and feathers.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 03-08-2013, 04:16 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

My best friend's name is Ebay.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 PM

renomick is on a distinguished road

If you decide to start tying, a word of advice, stay away from fly pattern guides and web sites. They'll only serve to fuel your addiction. Your fly tying kit, ecomes your fly tying desk, then your fly tying room, then your fly tying studio.... before you know it, you're buying a bigger house.