The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 06:37 PM

we2fish is on a distinguished road
Question San gabriel river

Does anyone have any "current" information on fishing at San Gabriel River West/East fork (Angeles National forest) Azusa, Ca. I can only find very old postings. about 2/3 years old. Trying to find out what the area looks like. Last time I was there it was full of Gang Bangers with the spray cans and nitwits that leave their trash floating down the river. Would like to go back up, but check it out first with you folks.
thank
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: San gabriel river

i have never been there, but I avoid the LA area waters for the very reason you mentioned. Ffor the latest try calling Fishermens Spot in Van Nuys for any info.
Craig
Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 PM

Tree Catcher has a spectacular aura aboutTree Catcher has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: San gabriel river

Right now shouldn't be too bad, if it is just hike back a few miles. A bicycle really helps on the west fork since its paved. I avoid the area like the plague during the summer times. There is a patrol called the West Fork Conservancy that has been doing some patrols there in the past few years and are doing some excellent work. I haven't been there in a year or two but from what I have heard, the West Fork is running low and the fish are small.

Sean