The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 02:17 PM

illinibone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fly Fishing Batchelor Party

Will you be bringing your own camping gear? If not, look at renting a small cabin or condo, then you wouldnt have to worry as much about noise.

One of my favorite places to camp is the area around Bertroud Pass beneath Georgetown, CO. There are dozens of pull offs all along the road, free to park and camp. You are also far enough away from nearly everyone you can be as rowdy as you want. We regularly hear people shooting guns when we camp there.

Rocky Mountain National Park is another good idea. The park passes are $20 but are good for 7 days and its per vehicle so you would be set there. Check out Beaver Brook on the River condos, they are right on the Thompson River in Estes Park. Their 3 bedroom condos run about $250 a night but split 6 or 8 ways it would be very cost effective. Plus, being right on the Thompson you could walk off the back porch and start fishing. Estes Park also is a very cool place to hang out at night, there are a few cool hometown bars there.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:27 PM

jmhall87 is on a distinguished road

So pretty much any stream in RMNP that's big enough should hold trout?
Old 03-07-2013, 03:43 PM

illinibone is on a distinguished road

Ya pretty much. Not to mention countless number of small lakes and ponds.

Google Earth is a great tool to finding fishing spots in RMNP else stop by the visitors center right before the park entrance and ask around.

Another good option is to stop by the local fly shop, Kirk's, buy a few flies from them and pick their brains on their favorite fishing spots. Now that I say that it reminds me they currently have a deal for guided fly fishing tours on Denver Daily Deals. I actually just purchased 9 of them and thats what my present to my groomsmen, ushers, etc are the day before our wedding in Estes Park in June.

Heres the link...
Denver Daily Deals: $79 for 4-Hour Guided Fly Fishing Trip from Kirk's Fly Shop ($165 value) 52% off!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:01 AM

Thanks guys you all were super helpful
Old 03-08-2013, 09:50 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

We did this very thing for my brother when he got married. He and some of his friends were living in Denver, but I hadn't moved here yet. We rented a house in Fairplay that had room for most of us to stay but also had land where other friends could camp. We fished the Blue near Breckenridge and Silverthorne, the Dream Stream below Spinney, and then also the Arkansas north of Buena Vista. There are a number of fly shops in the Breckenridge, Frisco, Silverthorne, and Dillon area that have guide services and also that rent gear in case any of the guys don't want to bring them in.

That said, I'm sure there are tons of similar homes for rent near Estes as well as other spots in Colorado so you probably can't go wrong
Old 03-08-2013, 09:56 AM

Fairplay is cool I used to do a little gold prospecting around there
Old 03-08-2013, 10:09 AM

gretch6364 is on a distinguished road

Deleted due to humor deficiency.

Last edited by gretch6364; 03-08-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Inappropriate comments edited out!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Here is another option, stay in the cabins in Kremmling, CO and your still close to the Colorado River fishing.
MUDDY CREEK CABINS

Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 PM

Nah dude I got it no worries
Old 03-08-2013, 01:13 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianfishn View Post
If you could check out flights to Bozeman Montana! You could hit the Big Hole, the Madison and many others. You could even go into the National forest and camp and wont disturb a soul if your looking for seclusion. Just a thought, I dont know any about Denver, I've only been in the airport.
You are not going to be camping in seclusion anywhere on the Big Hole, Madison, Gallatin, etc. That doesn't exist on those big rivers. The Gallatin has the most national forest campground, but in the summer you won't be alone. And any camp parties will be heard by everyone for 1/2 mile in the woods.