The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM

jmhall87 is on a distinguished road
Default Fly Fishing Batchelor Party

Hi I'm from the Houston area in TX so I'm looking for a place not too far away we can fly to Denver pretty cheap from here. That being said I don't get up there very often so I don't know where to go after we get there. The information on the National Forest websites is somwhat limited we'd like to camp out, but there may be some hooping and hollering at night so it'd be nice to be kinda remote so as not to disturb others. There will be anywhere from 5 to 10 of us if that needs to be considered too. I've been to Beavers Bend many times, I'd really like to see some high peaks. I appreciate any help with us from people more familiar to the area.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fly Fishing Batchelor Party

If you could check out flights to Bozeman Montana! You could hit the Big Hole, the Madison and many others. You could even go into the National forest and camp and wont disturb a soul if your looking for seclusion. Just a thought, I dont know any about Denver, I've only been in the airport.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Not sure but found this

Denver Fishing-Fly Fishing Denver Information-Denver fly fishing Guides

I really like the idea of gathering info from a local source. Perhaps you could e-mail the fly shop for some intel. Promise to drop by for some gear and flies
and get what you need from the horses mouth. I have had much better success getting good info once you are at your destination. Good luck.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM

Yeah it'll be about 400 pp to fly to Bozeman which will make most of my cheap friends back out
Old 03-06-2013, 01:03 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Really? This I the last thing you want to do as a single guy? That usually means no more once your hitched! Just kidding ....... Have a great time!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 03-06-2013, 01:08 PM

Trust me I've partied hard enough for several lifetimes
Old 03-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

If you flew into Denver and rented a van you could go into Rocky Mtn National Park up by Estes, CO. There are lots of streams and mtn lakes to explore. What time of year are you talking about? The reason I ask is that Trail Ridge Rd that goes west out of Estes Park and up and over the park doesn't normally open until Memorial Day due to the snow removal. If you and your friends aren't into high mtn back packing, one option would to to drive over the top of the park and on the west side there are a number of campgrounds and the headwaters of the Colorado River is there for exploring without having to do some heavy climbing in the mtns.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:22 PM

kwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to allkwb is a name known to all

This post cracks me up...

This Sunday, my buddy is flying into Southwest Michigan from Denver and we are throwing him a bachelor party at my place, fishing during the days Sunday and Monday and doing whatever Sunday night for the party...

That sounds like an even better deal, flying into Denver and going out in the Mountains to camp, but he is from here originally and most his Friends including myself, still live in Michigan so made more sense to have it here...

There are lots of places North of Denver to do what you want to do at...

Good luck!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM

Thanks mcnerney I've been there as a kid it sure is create up there. So if I just get there I should be able to find what I want? I just like a plan when I travel 1000 miles lol? It'll probably may
Old 03-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

If you happen to visit RMNP here is some information you might want to read: Fishing - Rocky Mountain National Park

Just below Estes Park is the Big Thompson river, lots of public access along the hwy, but it can get busy especially on weekends. Another thought would be to hit the Poudre River just above Ft Collins. Hwy 14 runs along the river for the entire length and there were numerous campgrounds. I haven't been there since the big fire which took out some of those campgrounds, but I have heard that the fishing is still pretty good. Another idea would be to fish the Colorado River west of Granby on hwy 40 toward Hot Sulpher Springs to Parshall. There are a number of public access points and some allow camping. To get there you would take I-70 west out of Denver, then turn off on hwy 40 between Idaho Springs and Georgetown and follow that toward Hot Sulpher Springs and you will see the public access signs. The hot springs would be a good stop to soak in the warm pools after a long day of fishing.