The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Searching for a stolen Winston IM6 9' 6wt (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/312794-searching-stolen-winston-im6-9-6wt.html)

xkgeorgex 03-06-2013 11:02 PM

Searching for a stolen Winston IM6 9' 6wt

Hi everybody,
sorry to be introducing myself in this manner. I recently had a Winston IM6 9' 6wt stolen from my vehicle in SLC. Unfortunately I didn't discover the ebay auction until after the item had ended. Ebay doesn't let you contact winning bidders so I'm just trying to put the word out. My name is on the rod and I have photos of the rod showing the serial # so I can prove its mine. It was given to me by my father 15 or 16 years ago and has great sentimental value. At any rate if anybody can help point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.
Thank you, thank you, thank you
Kyle

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

here's the auction with the item

Winston IM6 9' 3pc 2 3 4 oz 6 Vintage Fly Rod Very RARE Good Condition | eBay

mcnerney 03-06-2013 11:37 PM

Re: Searching for a stolen Winston IM6 9' 6wt

Kyle: I sure hope you are able to get that rod back!

stuie675 03-06-2013 11:58 PM

Wow that is sad, but hope the buyer contacts you. Good luck!

caseywise 03-07-2013 12:03 AM

good luck man!
shi#$y deal for sure:(
welcome to the forum btw:)
hopefully we can help you out.

casey

ted4887 03-07-2013 12:08 AM

Did you attempt contacting eBay to get the sellers information, or try having the police department do it?

Welcome to the forum.

Guest1 03-07-2013 12:26 AM

First you contact e-bay to get the sellers city. Explain they sold your stolen rod. They should at least give you that. Then contact the police in that city. If they don't, give the information to your police department. They can get the warrents needed to get the sellers and buyers info. Selling stolen property is a crime in itself. I am pretty sure you will get it back.

Do not contact the seller. All you will do is make him vanish.

xkgeorgex 03-07-2013 12:40 AM

Going through the pita of police reports and trying to deal with ebay. Understandably ebay buyers aren't super psyched on random emails from people claiming the item they just bought was taken from someone else. Kind of my own fault for keeping my stuff in the trunk of my car, but seriously who steals somebody's stinky, nasty waders and fishing stuff?

ted4887 03-07-2013 12:42 AM

Here is an eBay member who recently completed a sale with the guy who sold your stolen rod. Perhaps he can get you the sellers shipping information so that you can give it to the proper authorities.
eBay My World - cbla8059

Otherwise, just go here to see all of the recent people he did business with.

eBay Feedback Profile for wesmorgan888

caseywise 03-07-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xkgeorgex (Post 534079)
Going through the pita of police reports and trying to deal with ebay. Understandably ebay buyers aren't super psyched on random emails from people claiming the item they just bought was taken from someone else. Kind of my own fault for keeping my stuff in the trunk of my car, but seriously who steals somebody's stinky, nasty waders and fishing stuff?

as crappy and unbelievable as it is, it happened to me in 1998.
custom diamondback 5 wt./ross cimmaron, and my hand built lammi 9' 7 wt./ross gunnison. both with 444 lines.
stolen out of my buddies trunk in a parking garage in anchorage, ak:mad:

casey

stuie675 03-07-2013 02:07 AM

I am going to make rod cases that look like giant piles of dog poo like the little joke ones you can get, I mean who is going to want to steal a giant pile of dog poo?