OK, here's your really dumb question of the day ...

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Purchased a new Cortland line (no issue there) and I save all the line boxes for future reference. This line, like most, comes on a plastic 'circle' and do a 'Whooa.' There's a package inside the center spool. I assume a line cleaner of some sort.

Short of hitting the damned thing with a hammer, how do you get the two sides to seperate to get the Bloody Thing out????:mad:

fredaevans

Reaction score
Never mind.....

NEVER MIND! Random pull at this point and that .. and the thing exploded apart in my hands. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the two halves back together. This is turning out to be 'One of those days.'

But did land/release one fish and missed the 'tug-tog' head shake of another two before they did a 'You've got to be kidding.'

Sheesh ....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

They twist... counter clockwise

Thanks RT. Don't know what I did, but it was obviously right.

caseywise

Reaction score
i recently bought a new cortland line and experienced the exact some thing:(
after many attempts to finesse the spool apart i finally i took the spool between a towel and twisted it as hard as i could...... and it came apart. once apart i had no idea how to get it back together:confused:
kept cleaner, ditched spool.

casey

shimloom

Reaction score
I too had the same problem, finally figured it out. Guess they need to come up with a better way to package their stuff. You could start a very long thread on just this issue!

Craig

fredaevans

Reaction score
I too had the same problem, finally figured it out. Guess they need to come up with a better way to package their stuff. You could start a very long thread on just this issue!

Craig
Read this and laughed so hard my chest hurt .... YOU ARE NOT, REPEAT NOT, to do that to a guy my age.
:D

But the postings above did a mind click on these line dressings. Remembered I had a couple of others (never used) and both were from Cortland. Is there anyone else who puts these things with their new line spools?

Ah hell, forget the question. This could make this "My Silly" thread go to two pages. :frogdance

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Craig
Please NO!

:icon_bigg

itchmesir

Reaction score
I got line cleaner in a spool of Cortland Precision... Good way to try and sell their product for those who haven't thought of using dressings/cleaners before... I had no issue with opening and closing the spool... maybe there's a learning curve

Jackster

Reaction score
I consider myself to be mechanically inclined and then a box like this comes out! :confused:

I got it apart but still don't know how. All I know is that it went back together and as far as that is concerned it'll stay that way.

Speaking of fly line spools, I really hated those SA spools with the four spokes instead of whole outside rim being solid. I use a gizmo to wind and unwind my lines for whatever reasons and just couldn't keep the lines inside of the spools when using them again. I ask the chief cook at SA about the reason they changed them and he said the operators were experiencing carpal tunnel symptoms with the old spools. I guess the only person who was expected to put line on those spools worked for SA.

L

Liphookedau

Over The Years I've also bought a few Cortland Lines,one had a DVD which explained how open The Disc,how to Load A Reel,how to attach The Sticker & a Little Fishing.
Brian