The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oarfish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 10:20 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about
Default Anniversary help

So, as I have mentioned, I got real lucky on Wife Number 2. We have a big anniversary coming up in the middle of May. I want to take her to a nice setting, she wants me to be happy as far as a little fishing. So I'm looking for a special place in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Oregon, Washington. Good lodge or cabins, good food, horseback riding, fishing, photography, you know what I mean. I know May is early in the Western U.S., so we may have to go a bit later. But we were poring over the usual places tonight and I said, "Wait a minute. I know where the experts are." So, experts, I'm looking for your suggustions.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:54 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all
Default Re: Anniversary help

Well John your an expert, I don't think anyone here would want to disappoint your wife when you run some of the best trips in the states. You don't need our help, go north my friend, if you want to get away from the bugs I'd take my bride to Mexico where there's bars in the pools or maybe Christmas Island would be a very good choice and good fishing.

Rick
dean_mt likes this.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:44 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

Rick, I'll check with her and see if she can afford it.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:51 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

John we all have a stash of cash the girls don't know of, go ahead and spend it. The only other item I would advise is to give them the respect and love that we should give our partners free of charge from the heart to one another, thats the place for the both of you, no need for a ticket.

Rick
Old 03-11-2013, 06:13 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

I know you didnt have Colorado listed. Amazing condo's and resorts in town...........and locally some great troutin.

Breckenridge Outfitters

Congrats on the 2nd. My first took half my stuff....then the 2nd took the other half.....I think i now have enough stuff for the 3rd.....

Just sayin....

Jim
Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

You might look here:

Yellow Dog

The only lodge near here that meets most of your criteria (that I know of) is 320 Guest Ranch

There are a couple lodges around Glacier National Park - I've only seen on Travel Channel - not sure when they open

And May: can be a great time, no crowds, no runoff yet. You might get a few snow days, but it won't stick around