The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By troutcomegetit
  • 1 Post By troutbum1982

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 08:33 PM

mattneeds is on a distinguished road
Default Leaky Waders

what do all of you do with old leaky waders? I've aqua sealed mine multiple times but there's just too many holes, getting new ones just trying to think if theres a company that repairs waders or something? If anything Ill keep em for extra people or whatever.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Leaky Waders

http://www.recycledwaders.com/
Old 03-10-2013, 11:35 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

+1 on the recycledwaders.com

Send them your waders and have them turn it into a waistpack and a wallet!

Randy
Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 AM

Meatco1 is on a distinguished road

I see that "recycledwaders.com" sells their items online, at various costs. So, I'm wondering if they discount the price on the items they sell, if one sends them the material (our old waders) to make their items from? Or, are we just paying to ship, then giving them the material to make their product to sell?

Respects,

Richard
Old 03-11-2013, 01:51 PM

Location: live in the south, but have a second home in Durango Co. Hope to be there full time some day!
troutcomegetit is on a distinguished road

I knew a chap that had a crafty wife, she made a shower curtain out of their old Simms waders. I'll try to track down a photo...
brucerducer likes this.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:14 PM

troutbum1982 is on a distinguished road

Like the shower curtain idea
brucerducer likes this.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:30 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...95323678_n.jpg

Like this?

Randy
Old 03-22-2013, 11:18 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

The new technology is "Sonic seam" by Orvis. They are melted together and not a stitch in the whole wader!

I got a pair. The stocking foot is shaped like a foot and is so easy to get on and off. A little pricey, at $259, but I think they are worth every penny.

PS - I have nothing to do with Orvis..... I don't get a kickback? I just think these are the best waders, and I think these will last me a very long time!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:55 AM

rccola712 will become famous soon enough

I just replaced my waders and I'm trying something on my old waders to see if they could be a borrow pair for when m trying to teach others to fish. I bought a pair of flex seal and sprayed the areas that were leaking. I've heard mixed reviews as to if it'll work or not but I figured what the heck!

I'll post here after I try them out!

"A trout is a moment of beauty known only to those who seek it."
~ Arnold Gingrich
Old 03-23-2013, 08:33 AM

mista_bob is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Leaky Waders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post
The new technology is "Sonic seam" by Orvis. They are melted together and not a stitch in the whole wader!

I got a pair. The stocking foot is shaped like a foot and is so easy to get on and off. A little pricey, at $259, but I think they are worth every penny.

PS - I have nothing to do with Orvis..... I don't get a kickback? I just think these are the best waders, and I think these will last me a very long time!
No stitches? Very cool. I'll have to check them out. Not that it'll solve all problems. Last Fall my father and I were fishing and waded across a shallow spot in the river and halfway across he shouts like he's startled! Turns out he sat on a rock or log earlier and it totally ripped a giant hole across the backside of his waders. He had 40 F Degree water pouring into his waders! So yeah, no stitches may help unless you just sit on a sharp rock or log.