The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 09:26 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Take care with Fishwest !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamwalker View Post
Company's dont understand what good customer service can do. They may lose a little bit right at the moment but good customer service will draw other people to their site to make purchases which will make them more money.
It's true. I can't count how much more stuff I have bought from LL Bean over the years than I otherwise might have, just because they went the extra mile in customer service a couple of times when they didn't really need to.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:14 AM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice

Thanks guys for you messages !

You re all right when you say "I have to call them" but, I don't really have a good english. When I talk with a guy in front of me it's ok (or with this forum), but with the phone, problems beguins....

Will from Fishwest, seems to be a good guy, but I feel like a dumbass with this....

I thinks, if they had a good custumer thoughts, they will NEVER send me the old Echo model, just email me, and say "hey Ben, we don't have the rod you want, what can we do ?" but they send me the old Echo model (at $ 100 in Caddisflyshop for exemple) but I pay $189.95 for the new one. And the worts, the ask ME too send the wrong rod back, I have to pay (but make a refund when they receive the rod)

Now, I'm waiting.... I don't even know where the rod is ! (F*** french Post too !) and Fishwest have my money.

It's a shame, cause I order 2 o 3 times at Fishwest and never have troubles. Unfortunatly, I think I will never order at this shop again.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:37 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Hi Ben,

I've ordered from them several times and haven't had one bad experience. I'm sorry to hear about yours. If you can, I'd suggest giving the folks at Fishwest a call and explain the situation. I had one incident where I needed to speak with someone and they were extremely helpful in getting my situation resolved.

Ordering from the internet opens us all up to potential problems like this. They are easy to make. Resolutions to problems such as this one are what separates the great shops from the rest.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
A phone call is always the best way to deal with this issue (and most issues in my opinion). In the age of the internet - ordering, paying, "contacting" - a good old fashioned phone call will get things straightened out a lot faster than back and forth emails. Seems like these days actually speaking to a person is often so surprising (to the "customer service" person) that they will do what they have to to fix the problem.

Good luck!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben664 View Post
I don't really have a good english..
I would never know that by how you post. Looks pretty good to me. In fact with forums like this, facebook etc. I would have to say, you have better English than some Americans I have seen posting.

I'd try giving them a call. It wouldn't hurt to try.
jpbfly, jaybo41, dean_mt and 2 others like this.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:08 PM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I would never know that by how you post. Looks pretty good to me. In fact with forums like this, facebook etc. I would have to say, you have better English than some Americans I have seen posting.

I'd try giving them a call. It wouldn't hurt to try.
Hi Diver Dan !

Thanks for the answer ! No worry, I will call maybe tomorrow, I don't want to disturb you with this I'm waiting a last answer from Will (Fishwest) and according what he told me, I will make a call.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Surpris et désolé de tes problèmes...j'ai passé plusieurs commandes chez eux et ça a été toujours impec...si tu as une preuve d'envoi ça devrait s'arranger.J'avais envoyé un colis à Larry qui s'est perdu(ou c'est les douaniers qui ont mangé le foie gras et bu le vin)...la poste m'a remboursé le port et le contenu.
Agree with Dan....your english is not bad
Guest1, dean_mt and ben664 like this.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:31 PM

Thanks JP !!

I will wait until march 29 th, and have a answer about the frensh USPS. Anyway, if they make me a refund, it's ok. I also know Larry from Fishwest. I hope I receive soon an answer from Will or la Poste .
Old 03-12-2013, 02:38 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I order a good bit of stuff from Unicoi Outtfitters in Georgia. Never had a prob, and they are friendly folks.
I get 'most' of my fly tying stuff from J. Stockard. Excellent service from them too.

Michael
Old 03-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Agree with Dan....your english is not bad
Much better than my French. If I got the rest of your post right, you sent Larry a package that got lost, but maybe costoms drank your fatty liver wine? That can't possibly be right! But they reimbusrsed you for it. What does a bottle of fatty liver wine cost these days?
Old 03-12-2013, 03:25 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt know you could send fatty liver wine thru the mail?
Guest1 likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser