The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 02:34 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Take care with Fishwest !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Much better than my French. If I got the rest of your post right, you sent Larry a package that got lost, but maybe costoms drank your fatty liver wine? That can't possibly be right! But they reimbusrsed you for it. What does a bottle of fatty liver wine cost these days?

I think he is saying that customs confiscated the foi gras and wine he was bringing to Larry. But being from Jean Paul, he might well have been carrying some liver wine...

Dave
Old 03-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I failed to recognise "foie gras" and invented a new wine in the process. Do you think there is a market for fatty liver wine?
Old 03-12-2013, 03:06 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

I've taken my post down.
ben664 likes this.

Last edited by oarfish; 03-13-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:24 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

All the more reason to buy from Allen.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Allen's did me great.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:13 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Mail-order can just be that way, and that's a chance I do take, but it keeps me up at night sometimes. I won a St. Croix Avid rod from ebay right after they came out with the newer IPC 4-pc models. I was supposed to get the discontinued 2-pc non-IPC rod, but they sent me a 4-pc IPC instead. I called them to tell them they sent me the newest model, and they told me to keep it! It was a fly shop/outfitters in Idaho, and they said that if I needed a guide in Idaho, to think of them first. I thanked them for their generosity, and that became my wife's first rod. Forgot to mention that I paid $90 for that rod, and thought that was a deal for the 2-pc model. The new IPC model they sent was right around $210 at the time.

I worked for the USPS as a temporary (90 days) worker while in college. It's amazing that anything gets delivered, and they treated the mail like it was garbage. The job is horribly boring, and I couldn't imagine EVER making a career of it. I dug graves one summer (I always found the best jobs), and even that was better than the post office.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 PM

bugslinger is on a distinguished road

Over the years and countles orders I also have had my share of poor and poorer customer service with many internet/mail order mfgs. I have been going to my local shop for years now. I take a picture with me and point and Joe does all the work. Try it some time, the didvidends pay off with great customer service and maybe a life long fishing buddy thrown in. I walked in one day with my then new Zero Gravity that had lost an argument with a rock and walked out with a new on in hand. Joe again did all the work and Orvis sent him a new rod in a few days. It's great when you can deal directly with the CEO and customer service face to face.

Charlie
Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

although i have ordered anything from fishwest, after what i've read in this thread, i will never buy from them.
some companies, mail order in particular, loose track of the importance of good customer service.
a bad reputation in our industry spreads like wildfire on these boards, and in a short time, they've essentially screwed themselves out of future buyers.
woodrivertroutbum likes this.

ARFE
Old 03-12-2013, 06:29 PM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

Ive bought quite a bit of stuff from Fishwest at this point. The only issue i have had was delayed shipping on an item. When it ships for free it is hard to complain too loudly.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the local Toyota dealer last week, and ordered the plastic slide for an automatic transmission shifter (the thing that covers the hole between Park and 1st). They said it would be in the next morning by 9am. I went there, and they said the Maryland warehouse didn't have them, so it would be there on Monday. Went there yesterday, and they ordered the wrong part. They ordered the right part, and said that it would be there this morning by 9am. I went there at noon, and they said it wasn't at the Maryland warehouse (both times their computer showed it was at the Maryland warehouse), and that it would be coming from their New York warehouse in a day or two.

Face to face is nice, but seeing the item on the shelf is AWESOME!
williamhj likes this.