The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 AM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Take care with Fishwest !!

Ben664:

I really do appreciate the "heads up" on this.

I don't like to get jerked around by business like that.

I don't mind paying the bucks for good products and good services; but I have no use for poor service ever.

I will steer clear of "Fishwest".

Sorry to see you got jerked around so badly.
woodrivertroutbum likes this.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:00 PM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice

Last news from Lacey, they will make me a refund of the rod price

Now, I just have to wait for the refund, and buy the rod from an other shop. Any idea where I can purchase an Echo Ion new model ?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Hey guys, most of you know I'm not a bull$hitter. Fishwest is an outstanding local company and online business here in Salt Lake. They do care about their customers. They're not very big so I imagine that once in a while there's bound to be a screw up. But if one or two people have a bad experience out of all the positive ones (and you're only hearing one side of the story, mind you), and that keeps you from buying from them, then so be it. I always get a kick out of these posts where people have to bring this subject up on an internet forum.
wt bash, littledavid123 and nick k like this.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:21 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Hey guys, most of you know I'm not a bull$hitter. Fishwest is an outstanding local company and online business here in Salt Lake. They do care about their customers. They're not very big so I imagine that once in a while there's bound to be a screw up. But if one or two people have a bad experience out of all the positive ones (and you're only hearing one side of the story, mind you), and that keeps you from buying from them, then so be it. I always get a kick out of these posts where people have to bring this subject up on an internet forum.
I couldn't agree more with Mojo's statement, there is ALWAYS two sides to every story.

Dave
Old 03-16-2013, 05:18 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about
Default Take care with Fishwest !!

I also have had nothing but very good transactions with Fishwest and would definitely buy there again.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:48 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

I've purchased from Fishwest, no problems.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:11 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatco1 View Post
It seems strange to me that they didn't issue a "call" ticket for a UPS pickup at their cost. Their error, their cost!!!

Respects,
Richard

+1 with Richard. I find the return situation odd as it was their error.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:14 AM

winstonwt will become famous soon enoughwinstonwt will become famous soon enough

Never a problem with fishwest.