The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 12:56 AM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice
Default Take care with Fishwest !!

Hi guys , just an advice about Fishwest (UT)

In february, I have order the Echo Ion 2 (new model) 10' 7 wt., from the Fishwest website.

I receive my order (about 1 month ago), the rod was an Echo Ion BUT old model ($100 cheaper) I wrote to Fiswest support, and ask me for send back the rod (I have to pay the shipping cost, and they will make me a refund when the rod will arrive). I sent the rod on feb 25 th, and it seems, french USPS lost (??) the rod.

I ask Fishwest to send me the new Echo Ion, and tell me: they don't have in stock !!!!! if you enter in the website, the Echo Ion (2) is available in all sizes. I found this very UNPROFESSIONAL, and be sure it was the last time I ordered at Fishwest.

So guys Take care with them !!!
brucerducer likes this.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Take care with Fishwest !!

Hey that sucks. You might want to call them back and let them know you will tell a fly forum that has 41,000 members, and that can't possibly be good for their business. I'd get all over UPS as well. They have a claims dept. you can get something done through.

Just for the record, I hate UPS with a flaming passion. I got a package last summer they delivered. Have you ever seen the beginning of Ace Ventura Pet Detective? Well that's how my package they delivered looked like it had been treated.

ben664 and fly_guy12955 like this.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:37 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

I also had a problem with FishWest this past week.
Ordered a reel through eBay and they notified me at closing time on Friday that the reel was on backorder, and when (and if) they did get the reel it would be shipped UPS ground (the slowest method possible). They accepted my PayPal payment and my money was tied up, though. With my money tied up and being unsure I could cancel the order and get a refund prevented me from ordering from another dealer until the matter was settled.
Luckily they did cancel the order and refund payment, but it delayed my ordering from another shop until Monday.

Ordered the reel from ReelFlyRod on Monday morning and I should have it tomorrow - that's service!
ben664 likes this.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:06 AM

streamwalker has a spectacular aura aboutstreamwalker has a spectacular aura about
Default Take care with Fishwest !!

Company's dont understand what good customer service can do. They may lose a little bit right at the moment but good customer service will draw other people to their site to make purchases which will make them more money. Now had they chalked it up and right when u told them they sent the wrong wrong if they would of overnight shipped u the correct rod and had you send the old one back once u got te correct rod then you would be posting how wonderful they are and people like me would be heading to their site to buy from them.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:50 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I've bought several things from them off their deals on the fly webpage and never had any issues at all with them.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 03-12-2013, 07:09 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Never good to hear bad service from a website... Especially one that I've ordered from a couple times with no issues
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Screw up aside, what really bugs me is that they made YOU pay for return shipping!

This was their mistake, not yours; you should not have to cough up cash out of your pocket to cover their mistakes.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ben,

I've ordered from them several times and haven't had one bad experience. I'm sorry to hear about yours. If you can, I'd suggest giving the folks at Fishwest a call and explain the situation. I had one incident where I needed to speak with someone and they were extremely helpful in getting my situation resolved.

Ordering from the internet opens us all up to potential problems like this. They are easy to make. Resolutions to problems such as this one are what separates the great shops from the rest.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
ben664 likes this.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 AM

Meatco1 is on a distinguished road

It seems strange to me that they didn't issue a "call" ticket for a UPS pickup at their cost. Their error, their cost!!!

Respects,
Richard
Old 03-12-2013, 08:09 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Did you at least get your sweedish fish?
woodrivertroutbum and leithel like this.