The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree18Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaky Frogg Toggs after 7 days of use+ poor customer service response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbblom View Post
I got a pair of nicer looking breathable Frogg Toggs about a year ago.

About 4 days in, the crotch was leaking.
So what you are saying is that a frogg's butt isn't water tight.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:22 PM

winstonwt will become famous soon enoughwinstonwt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Leaky Frogg Toggs after 7 days of use+ poor customer service response!

I feel like a broken record by keep saying this but here goes,SIMMS,SIMMS,SIMMS,SIMMS.
fysh likes this.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:57 PM

froggtoggs is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Leaky Frogg Toggs after 7 days of use+ poor customer service response!

That is very unfortunate to hear. Not only the waders failing but mostly not getting a response from us. We stand by our product 100%, and carry a 1 year manufacturers warranty that is second to none in our industry. Please contact me at your convenience so I can make this right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbblom View Post
I got a pair of nicer looking breathable Frogg Toggs about a year ago.

About 4 days in, the crotch was leaking. This led to an extremely cold and wet day of belly boating. After patching the crotch, the seams behind the knees started leaking (ie another cold wet day in the belly boat). The taped seams 'seem' to have some very weak glue, leading to many leeks in under a week! Because of this, I keep using my old Reddington Sonic Pros instead. With hundreds of days of use, they are covered with patches, but continue to outperform the Toggs in terms of comfort and durability.
I tried to contact Frogg Toggs warranty department to ask which sealant to use... no reply!
Just found another leak to fix. I'm thinking that every seam will be coated in AquaSeal before these waders are actually useful. And they still have less than ten days on them!
So, lesson learned... I won't ever buy a pair of Toggs again! Saving up for another pair of Sonic Pros. My old sonics were deep in their second season (ie hundreds of days in) before needing to be patched.
fysh likes this.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:21 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
So what you are saying is that a frogg's butt isn't water tight.
This is one of the best things I have read in here!
Guest1 likes this.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggtoggs View Post
That is very unfortunate to hear. Not only the waders failing but mostly not getting a response from us. We stand by our product 100%, and carry a 1 year manufacturers warranty that is second to none in our industry. Please contact me at your convenience so I can make this right.
I hate to rain on your parade, but what good is a warranty on a pair of waders you can't trust? Maybe you guys should do some work in your quality control.
moucheur2003 and djamtime like this.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:53 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

never tried them and most likley will ever buy them.
there is alot to be said about cs. if it's good, you'll get
my attention. crappy.....good luck.

casey

ARFE
Old 04-21-2013, 07:42 AM

dhaynes has a spectacular aura aboutdhaynes has a spectacular aura about

Both my wife and I have worn Froggtoggs Hellbenders for nearly 3 years. We fish over 50 days a year. Our favorite stream is choked with briars in the summer and has very rocky banks. We have had no problems with them and, when it comes time to replace, will seriously consider purchasing them again. In our experience Froggtoggs have been a pretty good product.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:43 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

perhaps it was just a bad batch with bad glue on the seam taping?

The CEO of Frogg Toggs got in touch with me and wants to make it right, so I will be giving them anther chance.
fysh, mcnerney, caseywise and 1 others like this.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 AM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of

FROGG TOGGS...

Click the image to open in full size.

Seriously ???

2013 Wader Shootout - Yellowstone Angler

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Last edited by planettrout; 04-21-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Banned

If this was the first time I had heard about it maybe I'd blow it off as a just a bad batch. It is not and a fast search finds more of the same, complete with poor customer service. This kind of attention may just be what those folks at frogg toggs need to straigten their act out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimulator2 View Post
In march i purchased a pair of Frogg Togg Auraua Wading boots and wore them two months before they started coming apart at the seams on the toe well i called them and Cabelas.Cabelas replaced the boots since i bought them from them but Frogg Togg never returned my call. Ann my gf bought a pair of Frogg Togg Hellbender waders and wore them 4 times and they leaked in the seams on the insde thigh so she got the same results i did out of both companies.It has been 2 months since i got me new pair of wading boots and they are coming apart again so i called Cabelas and told them and told them i did not want them to replace them just wanted them to know the poor quality of the boots that i would not be buying any more Frogg Toggs but would when i finished wearing these out buy something else thay have. The waders have noy leaked on Ann again but then she has not been in deep water with them again will let you know more on that later..One more note when Ann called Frogg Togg the customer rep was rude about the waders but Cabelas was stand up about it..I have no plans on ever owning Frogg Togg again..
The consistant theme I have heard on frogg togg makes me more that just a bit leary of them. Their rain gear is also good for a whole sprinkle based on what friends here have told me also. Nothing sucks worse than being soaked except being soaked and cold.

To be fair I did find this also;
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfordcreek View Post
Frogg Togg Hellenbender pants.

They are now over 2 years old. Have put them through hell in the GSMNP.

No leaks...fit really well. All for $109.00

I have had them all. Paid more for some than i will admit. They have all leaked....except the frogg toggs.

Jim

Unless I were to see a marked improvement in the performance of their stuff and a drastic improvement in their attitude at customer service I won't be having a thing to do with them in this lifetime.
Closed Thread