The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Leaky Frogg Toggs after 7 days of use+ poor customer service response! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/313334-leaky-frogg-toggs-after-7-days-use-poor-customer-service-response.html)

tbblom 03-12-2013 08:43 AM

Leaky Frogg Toggs after 7 days of use+ poor customer service response!

I got a pair of nicer looking breathable Frogg Toggs about a year ago.

About 4 days in, the crotch was leaking. This led to an extremely cold and wet day of belly boating. After patching the crotch, the seams behind the knees started leaking (ie another cold wet day in the belly boat). The taped seams 'seem' to have some very weak glue, leading to many leeks in under a week! Because of this, I keep using my old Reddington Sonic Pros instead. With hundreds of days of use, they are covered with patches, but continue to outperform the Toggs in terms of comfort and durability.
I tried to contact Frogg Toggs warranty department to ask which sealant to use... no reply!
Just found another leak to fix. I'm thinking that every seam will be coated in AquaSeal before these waders are actually useful. And they still have less than ten days on them!
So, lesson learned... I won't ever buy a pair of Toggs again! Saving up for another pair of Sonic Pros. My old sonics were deep in their second season (ie hundreds of days in) before needing to be patched.

silver creek 03-12-2013 09:33 AM

Re: Leaky Frogg Toggs after 7 days of use+ poor customer service response!

So if you if the Sonics did well, why did you buy the Frog Toggs?

Sale?

tbblom 03-12-2013 09:51 AM

They looked like a nicer wader with more features. They had nicer front pockets, thicker boots, and looked better for cold weather when compared with the sonics. Boy, was i wrong!

theboz 03-12-2013 01:42 PM

Call Roland Martin. He says Frogg Toggs are the best! Mine lasted 2 trips! Junk!

itchmesir 03-12-2013 02:47 PM

Frogg Toggs vs Sonic Pros... Pretty easy for me to decide which ones I'd use.... why even buy the Toggs... Complete waste of money from what I've heard and read everywhere

wt bash 03-12-2013 03:00 PM

I never had waders take the abuse I dish out so I got in the habit of buying a tube of aquaseal when ever I get new waders and launch a preemptive strike against leaks by hitting all the seams on the inside before they even see water.

waterfordcreek 03-12-2013 04:23 PM

Strange. I have a set of the hellbender wading paints and i love them. They have seen alot of hard use.

Shame to hear about the customer service. Some companies just dont get it.

Jim

stimulator2 03-13-2013 01:34 PM

My girlfriend Ann had a pair trhat done the same thing and returned them and got the same results so she went with a cabelas brand wader and not a problem the past 2yrs. I bought a pair of Frogg Togg wading boots and they made it 2 months and started to come a part returned them for a new pair and got the same results started coming apart that was 2 pair in one summer.I will never own Frogg Toggs again.

silver creek 03-13-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbblom (Post 535904)
They looked like a nicer wader with more features. They had nicer front pockets, thicker boots, and looked better for cold weather when compared with the sonics. Boy, was i wrong!

I hope they refund your purchase. That's a bummer for sure.

shimloom 03-13-2013 05:16 PM

Frogg Toggs are for sure a poor product. Sorry that they didn't work. Send them back for a refund if possible. Lots for better stuff out there. I had a pair of their over pants rain gear. A couple of times kneeling on the deck of my boat and they where starting to go bad.

Craig