The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree18Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 09:43 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default Leaky Frogg Toggs after 7 days of use+ poor customer service response!

I got a pair of nicer looking breathable Frogg Toggs about a year ago.

About 4 days in, the crotch was leaking. This led to an extremely cold and wet day of belly boating. After patching the crotch, the seams behind the knees started leaking (ie another cold wet day in the belly boat). The taped seams 'seem' to have some very weak glue, leading to many leeks in under a week! Because of this, I keep using my old Reddington Sonic Pros instead. With hundreds of days of use, they are covered with patches, but continue to outperform the Toggs in terms of comfort and durability.
I tried to contact Frogg Toggs warranty department to ask which sealant to use... no reply!
Just found another leak to fix. I'm thinking that every seam will be coated in AquaSeal before these waders are actually useful. And they still have less than ten days on them!
So, lesson learned... I won't ever buy a pair of Toggs again! Saving up for another pair of Sonic Pros. My old sonics were deep in their second season (ie hundreds of days in) before needing to be patched.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:33 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaky Frogg Toggs after 7 days of use+ poor customer service response!

So if you if the Sonics did well, why did you buy the Frog Toggs?

Sale?

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Leaky Frogg Toggs after 7 days of use+ poor customer service response!

They looked like a nicer wader with more features. They had nicer front pockets, thicker boots, and looked better for cold weather when compared with the sonics. Boy, was i wrong!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:42 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Call Roland Martin. He says Frogg Toggs are the best! Mine lasted 2 trips! Junk!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 03-12-2013, 03:47 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Frogg Toggs vs Sonic Pros... Pretty easy for me to decide which ones I'd use.... why even buy the Toggs... Complete waste of money from what I've heard and read everywhere
Old 03-12-2013, 04:00 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I never had waders take the abuse I dish out so I got in the habit of buying a tube of aquaseal when ever I get new waders and launch a preemptive strike against leaks by hitting all the seams on the inside before they even see water.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:23 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

Strange. I have a set of the hellbender wading paints and i love them. They have seen alot of hard use.

Shame to hear about the customer service. Some companies just dont get it.

Jim
Old 03-13-2013, 02:34 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

My girlfriend Ann had a pair trhat done the same thing and returned them and got the same results so she went with a cabelas brand wader and not a problem the past 2yrs. I bought a pair of Frogg Togg wading boots and they made it 2 months and started to come a part returned them for a new pair and got the same results started coming apart that was 2 pair in one summer.I will never own Frogg Toggs again.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:00 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbblom View Post
They looked like a nicer wader with more features. They had nicer front pockets, thicker boots, and looked better for cold weather when compared with the sonics. Boy, was i wrong!
I hope they refund your purchase. That's a bummer for sure.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 03-13-2013, 06:16 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

Frogg Toggs are for sure a poor product. Sorry that they didn't work. Send them back for a refund if possible. Lots for better stuff out there. I had a pair of their over pants rain gear. A couple of times kneeling on the deck of my boat and they where starting to go bad.

Craig