The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 09:05 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: What a great evening on the stream!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I need to get the hell out of Ohio!
Guest1 likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:53 AM

jeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of light

Nice pics. I love that area. I lived north from there in bristol as a kid.

Now if I was stuck in vegas today I would go route for arizona vs colorado in the pac 12 tournament quarterfinals. First time ever in vegas at the mgm grand garden arena.

If I was in ohio I would definitely move, too. Sorry.

And I definitely need to move out of this war zone I live in. I think a drone just flew over my house. There's some fish in the cap canal 1/4 mile away but it's electrified. They won't even let us get a look at that colorado river water down here. Click the image to open in full size.
wt bash likes this.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 AM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonder View Post
Nice fish.....the wilson creek DH is fishing pretty well also.....
On a nice weekend in January, I counted over 30 cars' worth of anglers parked along the Wilson DH. That stretch is very popular.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
On a nice weekend in January, I counted over 30 cars' worth of anglers parked along the Wilson DH. That stretch is very popular.
Yes it is....It is a beautiful area of the foothills. I am only about 45 minutes away, so I can fish it during the week, when it is less crowded. Cloudy, drizzly days are better, especially in March, October, and November.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 03-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nice stream and fish thanks for sharingthe trout season opened last saturday here...but haven't fished for brownies yet...maybe next week...
Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Quote:
Yes it is....It is a beautiful area of the foothills. I am only about 45 minutes away, so I can fish it during the week, when it is less crowded. Cloudy, drizzly days are better, especially in March, October, and November.
I shake my head as I drive on by to the headwaters above the Wilson. Solitude and wild trout can be had for the price of a hike.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:02 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
I shake my head as I drive on by to the headwaters above the Wilson. Solitude and wild trout can be had for the price of a hike.
Absolutely.......We fish the same waters.......sending you a PM...don't want to hijack the thread or hotspot any creeks.......PM sent............

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

Last edited by yonder; 03-14-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 PM

streamwalker has a spectacular aura aboutstreamwalker has a spectacular aura about
Default What a great evening on the stream!

Quote:
Absolutely.......We fish the same waters.......sending you a PM...don't want to hijack the thread or hotspot any creeks.......PM sent............
guys im in too! just fished upper head of wilson this evening just used a spinner rod cuz it was on my way home. would have landed a lot more on the fly rod. only got 3 on the spinner. ill post up a pic and see if yall know where i was.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:44 AM

streamwalker.........PM sent.....

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I need to get the hell out of Ohio!
Come on down....we have plenty of room........