The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 01:18 AM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice
Default Re: What would you do?

Now if he is carrying bait and/or spinning gear, well...we wont get in to that.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:16 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

It happens to me all the time,however where I mainly fish isn't secluded & is very well Fished.
On the other hand if it was secluded I would probably say " Alright " if it was a Favourite I wouldn't divulge any more than I had to as "The Bush Telegraph" & also over here with The Internet There are A Few Forums where People Like To Tell where,when,etc,etc,& word quickly gets around.
The Next thing there are Tracks & Rubbish everywhere.
Even though I with others From our Club release Fish into our Rivers there are People I'd never tell where I put Them although they have to be put where we recomended & The Fisheries are very strict that The Fish must go into those areas that they were allocated for,if anyone wants to find out they have to contact The Fisheries as they display all The Info on Their website.
Brian.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:42 PM

Flyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to all

I tell them the truth. And I don't mind them fishing next to me, fly rod, bait or otherwise.
yonder likes this.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:49 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Hell I'm weird, if I am catching fish ill show the guy what my setup is if he is friendly. I've even given guys flies out of my box if I'm really having a hot day on a fly they don't have.

Someone did this for me once and he actually took the time to show me how to read a run better and spot fish. I guess I am a pay it forward kind of guy.
rubberguy and yonder like this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 03-15-2013, 09:33 PM

rubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the rough

I would answer their question the same way I would expect to have someone answer mine. karma baby !

yonder likes this.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:41 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

For the record I was joking about the spinning gear comment haha. Someone had made a comment like that on the other forum and I am guessing that is what the OP was talking about when he said that forum got some interesting replies.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:16 AM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Question: "How's the fishing?"

Answer: "It sure beats yard work!"

And it does, no matter how good or bad the fishing is. I wouldn't lie to the guy, but I don't always share the whole truth, either. Like others have said, I have no problem fishing close as long as they respect my space. Too many times I've had someone proceed to cast in the exact same area I'm casting into.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am generally pretty honest about it. I also let them know that standing behind me is a dangerous place to be. I might not tell them how big the fish are I am getting though.

Up here finding another fly fisherman happens just about as often as a complete solar eclipse, and other shore fisherman only slightly more often, so this is mostly speculation. I do get nonfishing gawkers a couple times a Summer.
woodrivertroutbum likes this.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:38 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Standard answer: Another day in Paradise!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 03-16-2013, 02:40 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

my grandfather was a navy man, wwII veteran, purple heart, boxing champ kinda guy. never took any guff from no one but never gave any that was undeserved.
i remember one early morning on the deep creek river up in ak, when we were fishing a hole for kings and he hooked into a big one. i mean 35 lbs.+!
he fought that salmon tooth and nail for a good while and then, right up the bank came "mr. cabela" (as he would call people in all new gear that had no clue, flailing around with no idea)..
and so mr. cabela thought it might be a good idea to cast over my paps line in the heat of battle , thus snagging onto his line. cabela then decided that it was all my grandfathers fault and then he went full tilt int trying to instigate a fight. after numerous attempts by to untangle and finally snip his line, the guy thought it wise to challenge the wwII vet, gold glove boxer, purple heat winner to a brawl.....
RIP pap.

casey
milt spawn, theboz and pa dave like this.

ARFE