The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree33Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 02:13 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Diamondback Rod Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming2oclock View Post
First, I would like to thank you for your service! I did design the Aeroflex series and they were made in Vermont. I cannot comment on blanks made after the 2007 because I simply do not know the details after Cortland closed the Vermont factory. I have chosen to to cancel my account in the near future due to the comments made by another member on this website (I noticed your uniform so I wanted to answer your question before closing my account).

Best of luck while in or on the water!!!
Well, that's too bad. Would have been a good contributor to a usually pretty darn good forum. Was informative as heck while he lasted.
Gary
jpbfly and jaybo41 like this.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:53 PM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming2oclock View Post
I have chosen to to cancel my account in the near future due to the comments made by another member on this website
Please reconsider. I have enjoyed your comments.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:56 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

I have two rules when buying, If it's U.S.A., it's first. 2nd is if it's made anywhere in the world other than China, it's second. Third is if it's made in China, I don't need the junk. I saw the U.S. steel industry in Pennsylvania go to HE** by Chinese garbage. This is just one example of trash.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:11 PM

nick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the rough

This has gone so far from where I intended this thread.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 PM
incoming2oclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
Please reconsider. I have enjoyed your comments.
I think there's lesson to be learned here: I made comments about American Pride generally speaking and my American pride in American made fly rods. As a result, another individual on this site refers to my comments as prejudice and later states that comments such as mine can result in bad ethics and behavior - I call it as I see it and that is a bunch of bull waste. I'm proud to be American and I'm proud of American products and if that makes me a bad person then I can live with that.

I'm glad to see the passion that many of you on this website have towards the sport of fly fishing.

Best of luck while in or on the water!
rockriver likes this.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

This horse **** needs to stop!
I for one am getting tired of seeing good people leave our forum because of unnecessary comments.

Incoming would have been an amazing resource for us.
jaybo41 and moucheur2003 like this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 04-01-2013, 03:36 PM

nick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the roughnick k is a jewel in the rough

Seriously? The drama has to stop now. I was going to drop this all and let it go, but seeing comment after comment of you telling people you are going to leave because of another thread is getting tiring.

If you are going to leave, leave. If you are going to stay, stay. I personally wish you'd stay, your a knowledgeable guy with a lot to offer the forum. I'm sorry if I offended you before, I really am, but it's time to stop pointing fingers and decide if you'd like to stay or go.

Make a choice, and move on with the situation either way.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Exclamation Re: Diamondback Rod Company

I honestly do not know how or why a discussion about Diamondback Fly Rods could or should turn into a contentious matter.

Please!

Stop allowing current political / economic circumstances to become intertwined with discussions about fishing - tackle - or destinations.

This must remain a fly fishing forum and discussion group.
fysh, mcnerney, jaybo41 and 4 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 PM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of

That settles it, Incoming, you are a resource that we all want to remain "Incoming". In fact, I have a specific request, please vist my post of earlier today in response to "technical fly rods" under, where you belong, "Fly Rods". I welcome your input and/or counterpoint.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

S&S,

Unfortunately Incoming contacted forum management and requested his registration to be deleted and it was. There was never a report on the thread and I had no idea the discussion had strayed.

When a member requests the registration deleted it is simply done, no one tries to talk them out of it. We have had more than one such request lately.

It appears that this thread has answered the question posed by the thread originator and so it will be closed and eventually removed, that is unfortunate.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Closed Thread