The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 05:21 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: List flyfishing accomplishments big and small

Quote:
Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
Discover my own truly secret spot that is full of fish.
Now that's a Tall One to Ask these Days,30 -40 years ago it might have been possible.

I just want to be able to stay healthy & keep doing what I am Heaps of Fly Fishing.
Again Visit & meet New & Old Acquaintances.
It's always nice to catch Fish however catching Big Fish is a Bonus as This Season I've caught Browns to 7 1/4 lbs 28' long.
Brian
Old 03-22-2013, 06:21 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all
Default Re: List flyfishing accomplishments big and small

From the beginning . . .

Learn to tie a blood knot, a nail knot, a double uni-knot, a perfection loop, an Albright, and an arbor knot (this took weeks)

Discovered how to change my reels from right hand to left hand retrieve

How to mend properly

Execute a single haul

First complete day without a windknot, and first day I never had to replace my leader

First day I learned to remove hooks from between my shoulder blades

Execute a double haul

Roll cast (I know, it's supposed to be easy, but I didn't figure it out til last year)

First fish that took a fly I tied

First fly I sold to someone that wasn't a friend, and watched him catch a trout on it five minutes later

First trout over 20 inches

First fish that got me into the backing

First trout I hurled into a tree (6 inch brown) and had to build a stone 'stool' to get high enough to untangle my line from said tree so I could revive and release aforementioned trout

First (and last) time stepping off a subsurface ledge into chin-deep water, thereby filling my waders

Walk the shore of an entire lake picking up trash because it was too windy to fish and I didn't want to go home

Diving after rod after dropping it in river/lake. In March. Water surface temp about 45 degrees.

Discovering the 'art' of drying one's clothes and tender bits on rocks, hoping no one comes by and that cloud doesn't cross in front of the sun

Catching my friend's rod and reel in approximately 20 feet of water, almost exactly one year after he dropped it in lake. No reward offered.

First grand slam

First trout over 30 inches

First grand slam all on dries in one day
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark