The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 11:48 PM

dabluz has a spectacular aura aboutdabluz has a spectacular aura aboutdabluz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Pontoon Boat... Question

Did you think of maybe buying a canoe instead of a one of those small inflatable pontoon boats?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:17 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

I purchased a Outlaw Escape 3 months ago, and it is awesome! It's the Scadden one, like Joni has.

Only 21 lbs and it has a 600 lb capacity. Frameless are the only way to go IMHO.

I put mine on a generic roof rack. No problem, I toss it on and use 4 bungi cords.

Click the image to open in full size.

I've added a fishfinder and got some "flip fins" (also Dave Scadden)

Photobucket changed for me...... I finally got the pix to post! last one, my flip fins:
mcnerney likes this.

Last edited by rickf; 03-23-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 PM

custompolz is on a distinguished road

I think I want to get a pontoon -- they sure look like fun.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:40 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Sten, when you get one, get ahold of me or Joni and we'll go up to Strawberry.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

I think my Outlaw Escape is awesome! I purchased a regular float tube last summer, and it got me started.... but I am so glad I upgraded.

I also started with regular fins. They are hard to walk in (I fell in the cold water head first) so I upgraded to Scadden "Flip Fins". These Omega fins stay up with a spring, and when I get into the water they flip down and lock. Big fins too, they are fast and light.

My Outlaw Escape was $700 rather than the $150 like a regular float tube. But this mini pontoon didn't leak any air in three months. I don't deflate or inflate, I keep it filled and on the top of my car. So easy to use. It takes me one minute to unstrap and put my tackle inside...... and a easy walk to the lake.

I live in PA, so this cold spell has me using my spin rod now. But soon the lakes will come alive with bluegills (my fave fish with a 3wt). And this year I'll be Fly Rod Carpin' in the Susquehanna in my pontoon.

Tight Lines

Last edited by rickf; 04-02-2013 at 01:02 AM.