The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By mcnerney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Golden Trout of the High Sierra

Ask About Fly Fishing Internet Radio will host an episode titled "Golden Trout of the High Sierra" tonight (Wed Mar 18) at 7 pm MST. This episode had been scheduled previousl and was postponed, I think they had technical difficulties that night. Ralph Cutter spent his nine month honeymoon hiking through the Sierra with his new wife Lisa going through nearly every pass and fishing many of the waters. The Sierra are the home of the golden trout, California's state fish, but it's not easy to fish for them. Listen in to hear
Ralph tell his secrets about fly fishing the Sierra for the golden trout.

Fly Fishing - Internet Radio
imxer, popperfly and dhayden like this.

Larry
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly
Default Re: Golden Trout of the High Sierra

Thanks Larry for posting the link.....noted on the To-Do-List for tonight.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM

romanl is a jewel in the roughromanl is a jewel in the roughromanl is a jewel in the rough

i fished Sierra's this last year (i only started fly fishing this last summer)
some great fishing near mammoth, unfortunately i failed at catching a Golden trout,
and now that i moved to CO who knows if ill get another chance
Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to mention that Ralph Cutter did an earlier episode on Ask About Fly Fishing titled "Fish Food", it is a very enlightening show and well worth your time. Fish Food | Ralph Cutter | Fly Fishing

Larry

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanl View Post
i fished Sierra's this last year (i only started fly fishing this last summer)
some great fishing near mammoth, unfortunately i failed at catching a Golden trout,
and now that i moved to CO who knows if ill get another chance
Romanl: If you don't mind backpacking into high altitude lakes and are really interested in pursuing Goldens, get yourself a copy of Rich Osthoff's book titled "Fly-Fishing the Rocky Mountain Backcountry". He outlines areas where he has found Goldens in that book and Colorado has several different areas with Goldens.
littledavid123 likes this.

Larry