The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 AM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light
Default HURRY UP, ORVIS 50% sale on Battenkill Bar Stock Reels this weekend only

yup, all Battenkill Bar Stock Reels are 50% off on ORVIS site right now
1-3wt is already gone.
good deals,
Old 03-22-2013, 10:01 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of
Default Re: HURRY UP, ORVIS 50% sale on Battenkill Bar Stock Reels this weekend only

Thanks for posting! I didn't have time to poll the membership about buying a BBSIII as a backup reel. I hope no one thinks I should have bought an Allen, Abel, Ross, Pflueger or other name brand or obscure reel. It's so hard to make these purchases without the blessing of the rest of the flyfishing community.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:23 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: HURRY UP, ORVIS 50% sale on Battenkill Bar Stock Reels this weekend only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Thanks for posting! I didn't have time to poll the membership about buying a BBSIII as a backup reel. I hope no one thinks I should have bought an Allen, Abel, Ross, Pflueger or other name brand or obscure reel. It's so hard to make these purchases without the blessing of the rest of the flyfishing community.
It's OK Mike, just think, 10 years ago everyone made purchases based on what immediate friends and the salesman recommended!

OMG - How did we get by?

Really, those are awesome prices and a great, simple reel! But it makes me wonder if Orvis is phasing this reel out. Why else would they sell out of a complete line? I might have to walk down to the Orvis shop at lunch and see what they have under the glass.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to imagine folks on this forum agreeing to something like which reel to buy. If you wait for that to happen before buying any gear you'll save a lot of money.
Pocono and mcnerney like this.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:04 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget, for those who might order this reel: Orvis is a sponsor so if you use the link in the Corporate Members section the forum gets a % of the sale. This helps us all "enjoy" some of the more infamous threads we've seen as of late.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:32 AM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Paid $100 for a brand new BBSII with warranty and thought I was getting a good deal. Sluightly miffed that they always run sales after I need something, but oh well.

I would not have regretted buying one even at full price. The top end of the drag is no galvan or abel, but you don't need it. The only complaint I have is the plastic clicker and easy to adjust drag adjustment.

Everything else- machining, looks, lightweight, are amazing for the price.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:09 PM

max tangler is on a distinguished road

Does anybody know if the offer applies outside the US? I saw it on Facebook, but there was no link directly from that post.

When I checked the UK website, the reels are only discounted about 35% Fly Fishing Reel - Trout Fishing Reel / Battenkill Bar Stock Reel -- Orvis UK

I'm sure I've just overlooked something.

If not, has anybody from the UK tried buying from the US site and shipping to the UK? Are there extra shipping costs, or any other things that should discourage me?

Cheers, guys!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:20 PM

caberguy will become famous soon enoughcaberguy will become famous soon enough

nice, I was looking for something to replace my Teton Tioga that I use on my 4 weights
Old 03-22-2013, 12:50 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by max tangler View Post
Does anybody know if the offer applies outside the US? I saw it on Facebook, but there was no link directly from that post.

When I checked the UK website, the reels are only discounted about 35% Fly Fishing Reel - Trout Fishing Reel / Battenkill Bar Stock Reel -- Orvis UK

I'm sure I've just overlooked something.

If not, has anybody from the UK tried buying from the US site and shipping to the UK? Are there extra shipping costs, or any other things that should discourage me?

Cheers, guys!
im going to guess its for US only. since you said it yoruself u guys have 35% offer.
if you have friends in US, you can always paypal them and ask them to buy it for you. but it might not be worth the extra trouble if it gets stuck in customs.
tip: to increase your chances of not being stuck in customs, send it via FedEx fastest delivery option (overnight might be too expensive, but 2 day?) mark as b-day gift/personal item, etc. with express packages, there are so many of them that customs mostly lets them through and concentrates on larger/slower delivery option boxes/parcels. (i know this from experience, i ship for my work globally alot)
Old 03-22-2013, 01:31 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm....I really wanted the 1-3, you think the 3-5 would work just as well for my 2wt? Its still pretty light and small. Or maybe I should just wait for the new one, which is why they are having this deal.....