The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree30Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 09:19 AM
incoming2oclock

Default Re: Fly rod orgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
While you may not be prejudice, quotes like "I'm not sure if a person in China, whose passion is fly fishing like mine, would do the same thing?" do not go a long way to show that. Why would you assume or doubt off the bat that someone in China with the same fly fishing passion would not have the same pride in their product.

Again, the truth whether they do or don't is negligible here, as you and I cannot know that, and cannot know it for any nationality. To pick out one nationality with cheaper average wages and who is receiving many of our countries jobs seems prejudice to me. Maybe this is just me alone, but this sound more than just "I cant speak for anyone else."

Incoming: I mean no offense to you, I would like you to stay on the forum and appreciate your contributions to the thread. I am not calling you prejudice, I don't know you, but sometimes people say things that are not always in good taste, despite how they mean them or truly feel. These statements can fuel bad ethics and ways of thinking.
Let's get back to my original post here: I built for blanks for 17 years and designed rods for 11 years. During those years, I got my hands on numerous blanks and rods that were made in China. To back up my point, (in which you called me prejudice) I was very unimpressed with quality control of product made in China.

Nick k - you are a piece of work
rockriver likes this.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:21 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Saying you are unimpressed with the quality of Chinese blanks is fine in my book. Saying you dont think that a Chinese laborer doing the same job with the same passion for fly fishing would care as much is not fine with me. If this is me being a piece of work, so be it.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 AM
incoming2oclock

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
Saying you are unimpressed with the quality of Chinese blanks is fine in my book. Saying you dont think that a Chinese laborer doing the same job with the same passion for fly fishing would care as much is not fine with me. If this is me being a piece of work, so be it.
Keep on reading into my original post, you'll get there, where ever you are trying to get?

I bet the fish fight extra hard to get away from you when you hook them
Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Yeah, nothing else in your post changes my mind about this, especially considering that questionable line was the last line you typed.

Also, that sentence barely made sense.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:44 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is reminding me of another recent thread on polarizing issues. Domestic vs imported is definitely a polarizing issue that extends far beyond fly fishing and we have no prayer of solving it in any meaningful way. When these issues are discussed those on either side generally become further entrenched rather than coming to agreement. I don't see the purpose of continuing it publically.

Yes people can ignore the thread but it contributes to the culture of the forum. One thing I, and many others, like about this forum is that the focus tends to stay on fishing and away from polarization, politics, and escalating arguments. It isn't perfect but it I've found it to be one of the most positive and helpful forums on the web.
jaybo41, wt bash and noreaster like this.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

To add to what William is saying; many intelligent fly fishers refuse to participate in forums like ours due to an Internet reality; unlike responsible journalism, forums lack fact-checking and editorial oversight. It is up to us individuals to fact-check our own data and police ourselves. We have to resist getting hung-up on spelling , grammar and extraneous off-subject content all too common in posts. There are more forums to vent political views on than fly fishing opinions; lets responsibly protect the valuable resource we have here.
jaybo41, wt bash and williamhj like this.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

William and sweetandsalt are absolutely correct.

This thread started by Rockriver was a simple question about where Flying Pigs fly rods were made, Dan provided a simple answer. Now we are arguing amongst ourselves over the merits of american made vs overseas products and slinging mud at the other members that have differing opinions. I don't like closing threads or deleting threads but this thread is now CLOSED!
Guest1, jpbfly, jaybo41 and 4 others like this.

Closed Thread