The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 12:35 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plans for 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
Take over the world, and look good doing it, and do some fishing when I get the time of course.
Would you happen to be a small lab mouse with a big head?

On a serious note, my fishing trips are limited to mostly day trips for the rest of the year. I had a couple of surgeries in January, and I have some out of pocket expenses to pay. So no big trips this year.

Northern California offers a lot of fishing opportunities year round. I will mostly chase trout. However, I will get some shots at American Shad, Striped Bass, and Largemouth Bass.

One of my goals this year is to fish more for Striped Bass. The trips will mostly be on the rivers (Feather, Sacramento, American). I'd love to get a Delta session though. I get plenty of invites from my friends with boats. All they ask for are a few bucks for gas and some Clouser Minnows.

Dennis
gt05254 likes this.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:12 AM

dpreller is on a distinguished road

try to learn more when fishing my old familiar watres instead of just doing it the way ive always done.And to try and learn to catch some carp.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:04 AM

stlskyline will become famous soon enough

Try to fish more of the smaller creeks here on MO(crane Creek, Mill Creek, Little Piney etc) Also use some of the flies my wife has tied over the winter. I got here to go with me starting last summer and now she's hooked. I don't tie my own, but I thought she'd like it so I got here into a tying class and now she's going crazy. She's tied a couple of hundred. When I see something on the web, I show her, she'll tie half dozen for me then half dozen for herself.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:15 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Already have done quite a bit of fishing this year in the Current River and Lake Taneycomo here in Missouri for browns and rainbows. Waiting on the bass to start biting in the lake. Heading to Southwest Missouri next month for a little excursion. July we are spending two weeks in Cody, WY to do some fishing for rainbows, browns and cuts. That is all that is set in stone so far. I am wanting to use my own ties exclusively this year and make a couple landing nets. Salmon fishing at least one week in October.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:41 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Same plan as every year... fish as much as possible... and so far I've been able to live up to those plans year after year after year...
Old 03-29-2013, 02:50 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Finally getting over some health issues, too (and the $$$ involved) and dodging one huge health bullet, so my plans are no longer on hold: Make the 1200+ mile round trip to the Miramichi for a week late April/early May, again early June, second and third weeks of July, mebbe one in August, and the third week of September. I loves fishin' for them atlantics!

And a few trips up to northern NY for landlocks, spring and fall.
Gary
Old 03-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

In order to find more fish & fewer people I am making a couple fuel catches along the rivers some 80 - 90 miles from the nearest boat launches. With all the time I've spent at our cabin there are still rivers and creeks within 40 miles I haven't ever seen so I am going to explore some this year. Everywhere is within reach of float planes and the super cubs that will land on any sandbar at least 250 feet long but the farther you go the fewer boats you find. I figure to camp on a few of the far flung creeks also.

With our cantankerous weather and fisheries dependant on returns from the sea it's kinda hard to plan too far ahead...........
mrfzx likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-01-2013, 10:54 PM

cowger10 will become famous soon enoughcowger10 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
Speaking from experience, your plan is very sound...time out on the water will definitely take a back seat for a couple years.
I am enjoying every day that I can on the water knowing that it will change in the next couple months. Also can't wait to be a dad. Every day is more interesting. I am having a great time experiencing the pregnancy with my wife. I love feeling the baby move and can't wait to see the what the baby is. I"ll keep you guys posted.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold

Right now the plan is to start in two weeks on PA trout. Then in June, off to Louisiana for a two week Redfish/Gator Gar trip. In July, I am going for week to Montana to fish the Bitteroot, Selway, and Lochsa. In August I will be on the Kenai Peninsula for a week chasing trout, Grayling, and Salmon. Then back to PA trout, and Great Lakes' (Erie and Ontario) Steelies and Browns. Somewhere in there I will do South Carolina, Myrtle Beach area, and hopefully a week in Costa Rica.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light

1. Try to actually go fishing, at the moment. I'm in graduate studies and am taking the mother of all readings courses at the moment. I went through spring break without as much as a cast.

2. Fishing trip with Dad in May or June. Don't know if I'll be able to use the long rod, as he's not a flyfisher. When not fishing, he's generally stealing me blind in cards, so we're often sitting at the picnic table when not in the boat.

3. A carp on the fly. I will be doing dissertation research and wriritng and this will be my escape in the summer. Never caught one or targeted one.

4. Buy a and use a float tube. perhaps in conjunction with #3.

Oh, for the semester to end....