The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 08:06 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've Finally Came Home;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Quimby,

It's been 3 winters ago since I stayed the whole season. This year I had numerous interior and outside projects that had been on the 'to do' list for far too long. Of course I didn't get everything done but I cleared about 100 yards of lake shore trees and that was a big ticket item. The trees block the breeze and the breeze keeps the mesquites down significantly. There will be much to do when the snow melts off because I could only get at the easy stumps. The giant 'man killer trees' had numerous buttress roots which made cutting to ground level nearly impossible. We are looking forward to a better summer season with the improved view (fantastic) and the hopes of fewer flying pests.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Here's a shot of Boss blowing out the carbon on the field out back. We did a lot of walks on the hard pack trails I put in with the snowmachine back in December & January.

Click the image to open in full size.
I look at this picture and my heart breaks. Down to just my 10 year old Lab but had Sandy and Husky. During the warmer weather down to the lake every day for ball tossing (well, Husky would only 'wade') and in the winter up on Mt. Ashland. There both were in their 'element.'

Have a picture in my bedroom of the two charging across a snow field with the inscription: "Run Puppies Run!"

Husky passed just after his 13th birthday; his ash box is on my desk. Was going to spread his ash on the Mountain, but just couldn't bring myself to do same. 10 years of .. of .. of ... Sorry, I've got to take a walk and pull myself back together.

Fred
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:11 PM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough

"The cabin is 74 miles by snowmachine & 78 by boat due to different routs for them. This would be 74 miles via frozen rivers and a trail across the big swamp beyond Skwentna Alaska. There are no roads in this part of alaska so it's either snowmachine, boat or aircraft to access. Our place is just off the Iditarod Trail."----HardyReels

I can appreciate that. I have been on an isolated ranch in Colorado in winter and Oddly enough, I have heard of the "Iditarod Trail" but I just don't know where I read of it. Seventy Four Miles in? Oh my gosh. Does that mean when you snowmobile into your cabin, you camp out one night in the Alaskan Wilderness?
Old 04-13-2013, 10:05 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Back, but too deep in history.
My Aviatar is Husker's giving me a slurp with a his huge tongue. Three of us fished and I'd give the run a rest, and all three of us probably needed one.

Flaked out on the beach with close to 200 pounds of fluffy puppies on either side.

Good times, good times, God times? Me thinks, me thinks.