The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Smile I've Finally Came Home;

Hello Everyone,

And I do mean finally, it's been a lone winter at the cabin; December 22 2012, until last night at 9:45 PM when I reached Deshka Landing with 2 sleds in tow full of the things I needed to bring back with me. My return trip was slow but smooth due to about 18" of new snow on the rivers but the load I was hauling made for a 5 hour ride.

I see that I have many messages in my PM box and hundreds of e-mails in my system as well. As I get acclimated over the next day or so I will be posting and reaching out to all who have messaged me.

I am very much looking forward to catching up with everything that is being discussed on our forum this year.

Ard

For any who may be wondering what I did in all that time I've added 3 entries into the blog here on the forum.
Rip Tide, Vans, okuma and 3 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've Finally Came Home;

Hey!!!!the alaskan bear is back....so spring is here
I'm really happy to see you back Ard...we were missing you
Vans likes this.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to be home JP, I have many pictures to sort that will give you a look at what I've been doing. I'll give you a hint; I may have taken the best Aurora Borealis photos that I've ever shot and I've cut more trees than the average Alaskan lumber jack has in the past 5 weeks

Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to seeing the pics....not very kind to delete a post while your friend JP's replying LOL...Thought you only were a bear...I see you're also a beaver...don't forget to shave before kissing Nancy
Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back! I was starting to wonder how long the rivers were going to hold out for you. We are in our fourth day above freezing. It's still getting pretty cold at night but at least it's above zero.

Since it's looking like we might be heading for a thaw, and it's been warmer there than here, I was starting to worry about it a little bit.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: Good to have you back, it has been getting a little crazy here the last few days. I think people are getting cabin fever and posting political comments, arguing the merits of american made vs overseas and of course that always gets under someones skin and the mud starts flying. Hopefully, people will get out fishing soon and we can get back to talking about fly fishing.
fysh, jpbfly and gatortransplant like this.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:28 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: I've Finally Came Home;

Welcome back Ard. Great to have you back with us and posting again. Sounds like your winter has been quite the adventure! Looking forward to looking at your photos and reading more about your time away from the forum.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

Welcome back. Happy winter treated you well.

Be patient and calm for no one can catch fish in anger. Herbert Hoover
Old 03-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Hi Jason,

The first thing I did when I got home was to open my mail!!

Thank you so much, I'll be in touch.

Larry,

Funny thing about cabin fever, after spending 90 days 70 miles off the road system and the grid I didn't notice even a trace of it. The trick is staying busy and if you run out of work put on the snowshoes.............
jaybo41 likes this.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM

bruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the roughbruce m is a jewel in the rough

Welcome back Ard, enjoy the spring thaw. It's gotta be in the teens up there by now eh .