The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   The Upper Peninsula (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/315306-upper-peninsula.html)

___trout 03-31-2013 10:44 PM

The Upper Peninsula

Just joined a few moments ago, wondering if there was anyone else from The UP on this site. I live in Marquette, wondering what your favorite, but not secret, rivers for trout and salmon are. ;)

Cheers!

Hardyreels 03-31-2013 11:19 PM

Re: The Upper Peninsula

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, we have a guy who is a guide up there and a couple others. Maybe they'll spot your post. For stories I write them to the blog here on the forum. The link at the bottom of my post takes you there, I just entered one yesterday about a run in with a brown bear last summer. There are 57 entries 55 of which are stories with lots of photos from my area. Maybe you'll enjoy browsing them...........

Again welcome, this is a very large and a very good bunch of people posting here I believe you'll enjoy the site.

Ard

rockriver 04-01-2013 10:59 AM

Welcome. I'm west of Au Train.

rockriver 04-01-2013 03:18 PM

I'd also try posting a little further down on this forum. Great Lakes Region - The North American Fly Fishing Forum

crawman 04-01-2013 03:56 PM

Welcome! I'm from the Soo

rockriver 04-01-2013 04:56 PM

Sent a PM trout.

___trout 04-01-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockriver (Post 542906)
Sent a PM trout.

It will not let me pm you :(
It says you cannot receive private messages
but if you have any information you are willing to give (and if you want to), just shoot me a pm
It would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

fly_guy12955 04-01-2013 10:54 PM

Welcome aboard !

Michael

Flyfisher for men 04-02-2013 09:15 AM

Wecome aboard!

I actually hail from southern Michigan, and have family there. I grew up and live in kansas, though. One of my goals is to someday see the UP.

dean_mt 04-02-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ___trout (Post 543027)
It will not let me pm you :(
It says you cannot receive private messages
but if you have any information you are willing to give (and if you want to), just shoot me a pm
It would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

There is probably a minimum of user posts before you can PM, just keep chiming in here and it will open up for you.

Anyway, welcome aboard! I grew up in the SW corner of the LP but used to get up 'der to yer neck of the woods once in awhile. I love Marquette, great little town.

I used to fish the Escanaba near Rock. There is a nice stretch that was (still is?) managed by a private group of anglers, I believe it was called the Escanaba River Association. Access was maintained by the organization but open to all. They stocked the section with browns but there are nice hold over fish in there.

There is member here from Escanaba, I think. His name is James and I can't remember his last name or user name, but if you search for UP steelhead you'll find him. He guides down there and has posted some amazing fish on here.