The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 10:44 PM

___trout is on a distinguished road
Default The Upper Peninsula

Just joined a few moments ago, wondering if there was anyone else from The UP on this site. I live in Marquette, wondering what your favorite, but not secret, rivers for trout and salmon are.

Cheers!

Last edited by ___trout; 04-01-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The Upper Peninsula

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, we have a guy who is a guide up there and a couple others. Maybe they'll spot your post. For stories I write them to the blog here on the forum. The link at the bottom of my post takes you there, I just entered one yesterday about a run in with a brown bear last summer. There are 57 entries 55 of which are stories with lots of photos from my area. Maybe you'll enjoy browsing them...........

Again welcome, this is a very large and a very good bunch of people posting here I believe you'll enjoy the site.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-01-2013, 10:59 AM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Welcome. I'm west of Au Train.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:18 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

I'd also try posting a little further down on this forum. Great Lakes Region - The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Old 04-01-2013, 03:56 PM

crawman is on a distinguished road

Welcome! I'm from the Soo
Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 PM

Sent a PM trout.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 PM

___trout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
Sent a PM trout.
It will not let me pm you
It says you cannot receive private messages
but if you have any information you are willing to give (and if you want to), just shoot me a pm
It would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by ___trout; 04-01-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:54 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome aboard !

Michael
Old 04-02-2013, 09:15 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light

Wecome aboard!

I actually hail from southern Michigan, and have family there. I grew up and live in kansas, though. One of my goals is to someday see the UP.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___trout View Post
It will not let me pm you
It says you cannot receive private messages
but if you have any information you are willing to give (and if you want to), just shoot me a pm
It would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
There is probably a minimum of user posts before you can PM, just keep chiming in here and it will open up for you.

Anyway, welcome aboard! I grew up in the SW corner of the LP but used to get up 'der to yer neck of the woods once in awhile. I love Marquette, great little town.

I used to fish the Escanaba near Rock. There is a nice stretch that was (still is?) managed by a private group of anglers, I believe it was called the Escanaba River Association. Access was maintained by the organization but open to all. They stocked the section with browns but there are nice hold over fish in there.

There is member here from Escanaba, I think. His name is James and I can't remember his last name or user name, but if you search for UP steelhead you'll find him. He guides down there and has posted some amazing fish on here.