in Fly Tying section there's on of my favorite threads: "what have you been tying today?" so i thought, with all that fly tying , why not start "What FLY have you been fishing today?"
so we can see what people are using. here are my few basic thoughts on guidelines:
1. FLY selection/set up/rod wt
2. Fish caught
3. Location / weather / etc
4. Picture of flies used/Fish caught/ etc
ill start: today was my first day fishing as CO resident, just picked up my permit earlier today and went for late afternoon session.
1. 3wt - PRINCE nymph +trailing RAINBOW WARIOR (my own tied
2. 12 Browns (1 on Prince vs 11 on RAINBOW Warior's)
3. Golden CO, right in town, 34-38*F wet snow/rain
WOW those Rainbow warriors really worked, fish went nuts for them (fish destroyed few of mine, here they are for comparison) and here's my very first CO fish